Chapter 11 - In a dark place

My friends stayed with me until I had calmed down. I was shaking in fear and it was hard for me to try and think rational, but they assured me a thousand times, that it was ok, that they were here for me and I could let it all out, whatever I needed. They also pressed that they would not let Jack come near me. From now on, I would not leave the pack. Not alone at least. And as much as that sucked, I knew that that was the only way to actually keep me safe. Jack seemed, for some reason, pretty keen on getting me back, getting his toy back, his worthless little omega, so he wouldn't stop by me fighting back, if I was even able to do so in that situation. Well, school I could do from home, I would finish it and hopefully they would catch him before the finals, so I could at least be there to write them in person, but who knows. 

What sucked the most was, that I could not go and meet up with Sawyer like I had before. And another very disturbing thought creeped its way into my mind. What if Jack had been spying on me? What if he had seen me with Sawyer? It wasn't that far fetched, if he was really as obsessed as he seemed, which was still hard for me to wrap my head around, but apparently it was true after what was written in the letter. Who said that he didn't spy after me? And then he would have surely seen me and Sawyer together, by the lake. Maybe even before that. And I could not let him hurt my mate! 

"It's ok, calm down, we will make sure Sawyer is safe as well" Asher had tried to sooth me, as I had realized what this could mean, that my mate was in danger, but I just shook my head, now panicking for a different reason than my own safety. I couldn't let anything bad happen to Sawyer, especially not because of me, no no no, that could just not happen and as all I could think about, was hyperventilating in that situation, I exclaimed "W-What if Jack knows Sawyer is my m-mate?? What if he tries to kidnap him or w-worse, even kill him, oh god, oh god a-and not even I a-alone can keep him safe and you guys can't just s-spy after him all the time, that wouldn't work, oh m-my god, oh no, it is all my fault, oh god!" 

"Listen here bitch! None of this is your fault! You didn't know and even if you had, obviously only this fucking Jack asshole is the one to blame here! We will find a way or do you really think we will just let your mate get hurt?!" Cecilia asked, holding onto my shoulders to make me look at her and I needed that kind of tough love. I stared at her, still being very shaken up and I wanted to believe her, but how would we do that?? How would we keep Sawyer safe, preferably without telling him what was going on. I would have to explain the existence of werewolves to him and I just... he maybe wouldn't take it well, not yet at least. 

"B-But how??" I asked, really panicking again and my friends looked at each other, trying to see if one of them had a good idea on hand. Pax looked really worried before he quickly said "Alright man, I volunteer, I will... like befriend him or something and then we can all hang out, always and I will watch over his house at night and make sure he is safe and-" Jasper sighed, shaking his head at his mate's idea that wasn't all that great to be honest, especially since Sawyer would know something was wrong, he was very smart and Cecilia just hit her twin over the head, groaning in annoyance. 

"Ok no, here is what we are going to do. Jasper and I will team up with the high council to catch Jack as soon as possible, so you guys don't have to worry any longer. In the mean time, why don't you ask him to stay with you? You could say that you want to study with him and since the finals are getting closer and you don't really have to attend school anymore, he might say yes. If he doesn't, we can rethink. You could say that your parents are gone and you need somebody here so you actually study or whatever you have to say, you know him better. And if he doesn't agree, we will... kidnapp him ourselves. I don't know, we will find a way to keep him safe, ok? Just try to get him to stay in the pack where we can actually make sure he will be fine, how does that sound?" Asher asked and I was able to breath again. Still a little too fast, but at least I wasn't fainting.