Chapter 1 - Past Life

"You are nothing" 

"You are worthless"

"Just a useless omega...only good for one thing" 

"We despise you" 

"You should just die already, die!"

"Come on kids, it's your turn! Just hit it! Take a bat or the hammer!"

"You will never be anything but a stupid, worthless Omega"

"Let's have some fun with it boys"

"Omega! Just die!" 

"DIE!" 

I woke up, covered in sweat and screaming. I panted, wiping the tears off my face before I quickly turned the light on my bedside table on. Everything was ok, I was in my room, alone, I was safe, everything was ok. I caught my breath, trying to calm down and actually realize that I was at home, that it was just a dream, just bad memories rushing back to me and that nothing bad was happening to me right now. I used to have these dreams a lot. When I was younger, I used to have them almost every night, now I just had them from time to time a-and...I hate it. I really really hate it and I hated my head for making me have them. 

"Lynton! Honey is everything ok??" Rosetta, my adoptive mom, asked, rushing through the door in her fluffy blue robe, sitting down next to me and gently taking my face between her soft, wrinkly hands. Oreste, her husband and my adoptive father, came rushing in after her, panting "Did something happen?? Is there an intruder??" He was holding a book he apparently had on his bedside table and that he had grabbed in an attempt to protect his family with it, which was sweet considering he was already 72 years old and maybe he would have not really been able to do much against a fully grown young werewolf with his book about Nero's life. 

"I-I just ha-ad a nightmare" I managed to say, hating that in situations like these my stutter would always get the best of me. It has really gotten better over the past couple of months, that I got to hang out with my best friends and they tried to strengthen my confidence, but sometimes it would still come back for me. I also hated inconveniencing the two of them. They had already done so much for me and now, from time to time, they still had to wake up in the middle of the night to me screaming. And now they were sitting here, trying to calm me down...I didn't deserve them. 

They adopted me when I was eight years old and Asher, my alpha, his parents and a few other wolves found me in the woods. I still don't really know how I got there, how I managed to flee from my old pack, that has made me they way I am today, a scared worthless omega, but Asher was the one to find me. His dad actually wanted to kill me, because I would turn feral soon, but Asher, even if he was just as old as me, convinced him to let me live since another couple in the pack had lost their omega son shortly before and they were one omega short. But the couple didn't want me...I was supposed to get send into the wilderness again or even get killed if Rosetta and Oreste, two of the elders of the pack, wouldn't have adopted me. 

They took me in, they treated me like I was their own flesh and blood, even if they were much older than regular parents would be back then, but they saw me and loved me...I still don't know how I deserved this, but they really believed that I did. They took care of me, fed me and made sure I felt loved and I was so glad to have them. But still, I felt bad that I caused them so much trouble. I was well aware that I wasn't a very easy person to handle, I had...traumatic experiences I still had to face today and overcome them, I was weak, I was failing and they had to watch. They took in a worthless omega, just because they wanted to and I will never be able to repay them for it. But I could start by not waking them up so late at night. 

"Oh honey..." Rosetta said, taking my hands between her old ones, as she had a sad smile on her lips, a pitiful one and Oreste let the book sink, as he too smiled "Lynton it's ok, I'm sorry you had to relive that. Was it the same one again?" I nodded hesitantly as Rosetta brushed over my forehead, cleaning it a bit as my dad got me a glass of water from my bathroom to drink. They took such good care if me and I seriously wondered why. Was I giving them anything back? I was trying to, every day, by cooking for them, running errands for them, cleaning, even if they said I shouldn't do that.