Chapter 10 - Jack the Ripper

"No come on, you said if I went in you would go in as well!" Sawyer grinned, splashing some water at me and I ducked away, giggling. I was sitting on the dock, while Sawyer was in the freezing cold water of the lake. It was March after all and though it was amazingly warm for that and very much spring like, the water was still too cold. I mean, I was a wolf, so it was probably nothing for me, but I was also a little afraid of the water. Well not afraid, I just didn't like it that much. Sawyer was wearing only his underwear and a blue shirt that was now sticking to his body and that was... a very nice sight. You could see that he had some defined muscles and I wondered what he did to get them. They made my knees weaken, that is all I can say. 

"W-Well I d-didn't promise anything" I grinned and Sawyer raised a brow, watching as I only played with the surface of the water with my toes. And then he walked over to me through the water. "Oh n-no!" I exclaimed, trying to get up, but Sawyer was quicker, catching my foot. Every time he would touch me, I would freeze up, because it was the best feeling imaginable and so I didn't move, I only whined "Nooo p-please Sawyer!" But my mate just grinned, pulling me forward, so I was sitting on the edge of the dock and he could stand between my legs. My breath hitched in my throat, as we were now really close and I too was only wearing my underwear and a white shirt. 

"I'm not doing anything" he grinned, his hands on either side of my thighs and I gulped, looking into his eyes. He was so beautiful... "O-Ok" I said, totally in trance when I looked at him and his face and everything. Slowly, I felt his hands wander to my back and I sucked in some air. Oh god... I mean, at the moment, we were just hanging out as friends, but we said that if we wanted to and the moment was right, we would turn into more, after all, we both liked each other, that had been confessed. But was this that moment right now?? Already??

But nope. Suddenly, Sawyer pulled me forward and in one smooth motion, lowered me into the water. He didn't just pull me in, he held onto me and I wrapped my legs around him, trying to stay above the surface as I squeaked and he laughed at my reaction. "Sawyer!" I laughed, but at the same time, tried to stay out of the water, but he just lowered me inside, until I suddenly was sucked in and my head was under water as well. He pulled me up again, letting me stand on my own now. as I glared at him and he snickered, hiding it behind his hand, since I looked so displeased. But when I too cracked a smile, we started laughing and I splashed him with some water, which made us giggle only more. I loved this...

We swam around for a while and I had to act as if I was freezing as well, so Sawyer wouldn't think I was weird for being completely fine with the temperature of the water. We laughed and even raced from one side of the small lake to the other and had a blast. I loved hanging out with him, for obvious reasons, but also... I had never felt so comfortable and free in the presence of anybody else before him. I just felt... safe. Like I could be myself and Sawyer would still like me for it. And he did. Whenever I dared to say or do things I would have normally held back in front of others, he smiled and engaged in the conversation with me. He didn't hate me for it, I think he actually appreciated it. God I was so in love... I blushed whenever he looked at me for longer than a second and when we touched, I almost fainted. He was so handsome! 

After a while, I told Sawyer I was getting too cold, because I could see him shivering and I didn't want him to get sick! Who knew how dangerous this could be for humans and I wanted him healthy and happy, so he agreed and we swam back to the dock. He lifted me and helped me up onto the dock, which was very nice and I shivered when his hands touched my body. I helped him up as well, pulling him up by his arm, but not showing him my real strength because I was stronger than I looked, I was a werewolf after all. The sun was out and warm and so we decided to just sit in the sun and wait for our clothes and us to dry, before we would bike back to the town.