Branded

After getting on the ship me and Elizabeth walked towards my quarters. She waited outside the door whilst I changed into much more comfortable clothing, than we switched places and she changed. Afterwards she sat down on my bed and I entered the room.

"So I thought you and Will were to be getting married? What the hell happened?" I asked as I flopped down onto the bed. Her smiled faded and she stared out the little window above the bed. Moon light covering her face.

"I was waiting on the aisle when it started to ran down. Will never came nor did any of the guests. I than heard people behind me, getting me excited I stood up and turned around seeing Will being brought under a bridge towards me. I ran to him and we were both arrested for being acquainted with you and your father." She said very sadly.

"Elizabeth...I'm...I'm so sorry." I apologized. I feel like I've ruined both of their lives.

"It's fine. I just want to find Will." She sighed and stared down at her lap. "And kill that Becket guy." She said under breath. My ears perked up hearing his name.

"Beckett." I said. Elizabeth looked up at me, with red and teary eyes. "Cutler Beckett?" I asked.

"Yes." She said worriedly.

"Oh that dick." I huffed and leaned my head against the wooden wall.

"You know him?" She sniffled. I nodded my head and looked down at my wrist, I rolled up my sleeve to reveal the P branded in my sun kissed flesh.

"Yeah I know him." I said my eyes staring directly at the P. I could feel Elizabeth was staring at it as well.

"He...he did that to you?" She said terrified.

"I was 6." I said, making my heart break a little. I've had this for 13 years. I looked to her face and her eyes were wide.

"Why would he do that to you?"

"Before I was born my father was kind of working for him...kind of. He did some secret stuff for him but that ended when I was born. He stole a ship and hid from him. Than when I was 4..." I began. But than realized I had to keep the secret. "He than found the pearl shipwrecked and made it into the ship it is today." I lied..."Cutler Beckett ended up finding us when I was 6. He took me and my father in. Branded him with a P and just to show him that you don't mess with the East India Company. He took my weak little arm and..." I closed my eyes for a moment and I swear I could feel the burn being embedded into my skin at the very moment. "He branded me, as I screamed in pain and he laughed. My father came to my aid nearly killing him, but Beckett fought him off. My father ended up running through the building and managed to escape with me than a year later he was marooned." I said remembering that day now. How much pain and sadness filled my heart.

Elizabeth looked to me with so much sympathy and sadness in her eyes, tears almost filling her eyes. "Blair...I'm..."

"I'm fine!" I stated and rolled my sleeve back down. She went to grab my hand as a comforting gesture and I moved my hand away and stood up. "Can I have my bed back so I can sleep?" I asked. She nodded her head and stood up. She sat down on a little couch in the room.

I fell asleep, imagining my sword being stabbed through Becketts chest.

———
I was standing behind my father with Gibbs as he read this deal between Becket and himself. As Elizabeth explained what he would be doing.

"Beckett?" Gibbs asked to make sure that he was hearing her right.

"Yes there signed." Elizabeth confirmed. "Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company."

"Blaah." My father stuck out his tongue in a grossed out way and than looked to me.

"Will was working with Beckett and never said a word." Gibb's finally realized. I than looked to Gibbs.

"Beckett wants the compass. Only reason for that." I stated.

"Of course... her wants the chest." My father finished saying.

"Yes, he did say something about a chest." Elizabeth said.

"If the company controls the chest, they controls the sea." Gibbs said.

"A truly discomfiting notion." I said to Elizabeth.

"And bad. Bad for every mother's son what calls himself a pirate." Gibbs said in Elizabeth's face. He than looked to the sky. "I think there's a bit more speed to be coaxed from these sails." He than walked off. "Brace the fore yard!" He yelled.

"Might I enquire as to how you came by these?" My father asked Elizabeth.

"Persuasion." She stated.

"Friendly?" I asked.

"Decidedly not."

"Will strikes a deal for these and up holds it with honour. Yet your were the one with the prize...full pardon. 'Commission as a privater on behalf of England and the East India Trading Company.' As if I could be bought for such a low price." My father joked as he stuffed the letters into his jacket.

"Jack, the letters give them back." Elizabeth asked.

"No." He said and than I saw Elizabeth was getting very close to him in a flirty way and I quickly backed away from the rest of the conversation and walked up the stairs to the wheel. I stood by the rail and the wind moved my sleeve and I saw the P. After telling Elizabeth yesterday what happened to me, made me realize how hurt I truly am by this mark.

For the first time in a long time, I felt a single tear fill my eye. I stared at the ocean as I felt it roll down my cheek and I didn't stop it...it felt nice to relax for a moment. The ocean calming me down a tiny bit.

I felt a hand touch my back and I turned my head to see my father staring at the sea with me. "Something troubling you, love?" He asked very calmly.

I stared down at my wrist and he noticed my head movement and looked down at my wrist as well. "How is someone so cold that they hurt a child." I said softly.

"He is a cold hearted man, deary. But I will kill him, for hurting you."

"And I'm gonna kill him along with you." I stated.

"Of course, I wouldn't do it without you." He flashed a cocky smile. I let out a little laugh as I leaned onto his shoulder, continuing to stare at the sun covered ocean.