you wake her for cuddles

You shivered as you started to move around and whimper in discomfort. You slowly opened your eyes. Your eyes instantly landed on the clock on your nightstand. It's almost two in the morning.

Honestly, you're not even sure what day it is. You've had a pretty terrible cold over the last couple of days and you've been sleeping it off the best you can.

You hugged the blankets tighter as you shivered more. You coughed a couple of times and reached for the cup of water Yves put on your nightstand for you.

You took a few quick sips and then laid back down, hoping you could warm up and get right back to sleep. You still felt miserable; much too miserable to want to stay awake any longer than you absolutely had to.

But the blankets weren't enough. You still felt cold. You thought about getting up for another but you knew that you didn't have the energy to do that.

You groaned and rubbed your arms to try to warm yourself up a little bit, but, unsurprisingly, it did nothing to help.

You used all of the strength you had to roll over to face Yves. Her back was facing you and you could hear the soft breaths falling from her lips.

The thought of waking her made a pang of sadness hit you. You hate the idea, especially considering how much time she's spent taking care of you rather than relaxing.

She's taken time off from practice and the studio to care for you. She barely has enough time to just sit down and breathe. But now, she's waiting on you hand and foot while you're sick.

You don't want to disturb her. She needs sleep just as much as you do right now.

But you know she won't get upset with you if you need her for anything. You know you can't get back to sleep without warming up and nothing seems to be helping.

So, as much as you hated the thought, you reached out for her and gently shook her awake.

"Yves? Yves?"

Your voice was scratchy and you could barely get her name out without coughing up a lung as the urge returned and you had to cough into your elbow a few times.

This woke up Yves pretty quickly though. She quickly turned on the lamp and rubbed the sleep from her eyes to check on you.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she combed her fingers through your hair.

"I'm fine. But I'm cold. I hate waking you but can you please cuddle with me? I can't warm up any other way."

"Of course, baby." She said and turned the lamp back off before she laid back down and gently pulled you into her warm arms.

She slipped her hand under your shirt and brushed her fingers along your back in circles. You shivered for a second but started to warm up only a few seconds later.

"You okay? Better now?"

"Yeah. Thank you, Yves."

"No problem, baby. Any way that I can help make you feel better, I'll do. Don't be afraid to wake me up. I'm here to take care of you." She said as she kissed your warm forehead. "Go back to sleep, baby."

You nodded tiredly and closed your eyes as you listened to the beat of her heart.

"I love you so much. I hope you feel better soon."

"I love you too." You whispered before falling back asleep, much warmer now, thanks to your sweet girlfriend.