Chapter one sonic's arrival

Up in space there's a place called the space colony ark. There lived professor Gerald Robotnik,Maria Robotnik and Shadow the hedgehog. It has always been just them but today has a special surprise for shadow.
.
.
.
.
Shadow is staring out the window looking at the earth as usual; when he hears his friend maria. “Shadow Shadow” Maria called happily. Shadow turned to her confusingly. “Come Shadow, grandpa has a surprise for you” Maria said as she took Shadow's hand. Maria leads Shadow down to the laboratory. Gerald was sitting down writing some notes with one arm and holding something on the other. The door opened revealing Shadow and Maria. Gerald stood up,walked towards them and knild down to one knee. “Shadow I have a surprise for you, look '' Gerold says as he removes the small blanket revealing a small blue hedgehog. Shadow looked at the baby in shock. “Who is he?” Shadow asked not to take his eyes off the blue baby. “He’s your new baby brother!” Maria yelled in excitement. Maria’s yelling scared the baby a little. “Maria dear i know you're excited but try not to yell” Gerald said softly. “Oops sorry grandfather” replied Maria in guilt. Shadow continues to look at the baby which Gerold noticed. “Aww Shadow he wants to meet you” teased Maria “Would you like to hold him?” Gerold asked Shadow, to which he replied with a nod. Gerold hands the baby to shadow who holds him very carefully. “What's his name?” asked Shadow. “I was thinking of Sonic because he’ll have super speed when he gets older,” explained Gerold. “Sonic, I think it suits him,”Shadow agrees. Shadow looks at Sonic“Hi Sonic, i'm your big brother Shadow” Sonic laughed and clapped,Shadow smiled at him lovingly. “You know as the big brother it's your job to look after him” Maria said. Gerold steps in“You know she's right, promises me that you'll look after him,love him,and protect him from all harm”. Shadow just looked at Sonic,at his green eyes and his heart was pounding. He was happy that he now has a brother. “I promise” Shadow answers Gerold with a smile.