Chapter XXVI

Smiling benevolently Nalini gently put her hand on Kasturi's head, who knelt down to touch her feet with heartfelt love and respect. Giving her blessings for lifelong happiness Nalini went and hugged Kusumlata, who welcomed her with open arms.

Kasturi went and touched Rudra Pratap's feet and politely asked the couple along with Nalini's caretaker, Malti, to come inside.

Vikrant was helping the driver with the luggage and Nalini's wheelchair, which remained folded in the back of the car.

Unfortunately, Shekhar wasn't able to come with them. Because both he and Rudra Pratap can't be away at the same time. In Rudra Pratap's absence, Shekhar was strictly needed back in Lucknow.

Rudra Pratap had decided that after coming back from Dehradun, he was definitely sending his most trusted man, Shekhar, on a long and justified vacation.

So that, he could also spend some time with his family.

Nalini, with the help of Kasturi and Malti, slowly walked inside. Gazing around the home, she could literally feel the warmth that seemed to welcome her. She could deduce that the home was decorated with utmost care and unbridled love.

"How was your journey, Nalini Ji?" Kusumlata asked like every good host. "I hope it went without a glitch."

"Apart from getting stuck in traffic for half an hour. It was quite pleasant." Nalini replied back softly.

Going inside the kitchen, Kasturi quickly came out and offered them water, and hastily left for the kitchen again.

Of course! To prepare something for the old couple.

Vikrant also came inside the living room after helping the driver with the luggage to the guest room and showing the driver, whose name was Devesh, his room on the third storey.

The people soon engaged in a conversation. While Rudra Pratap listened keenly to Vikrant as he explained the locality and their relatives who lived in Dehradun or nearby.

Kusumlata smiled knowingly as she noticed Nalini, who glanced around fervently in search of her grandsons.

Kasturi, who came with a tray full of various delicacies, told her that there was a cultural fest in their school, the reason behind the boys' absence.

But they must be coming back any now and then.

~*~*~*~*~

Anamika dimpled engagingly, her eyes sparkled and a look of pure exultance made her look all the more enchanting.

Naina wrapped an arm around her as Iqra smiled cheekily and nudged Saanvi to properly pose for the camera.

Satakshi quickly captured the moment with a swift click. They were celebrating as it was an occasion for celebration. Why? Because their Anamika had bagged the second position in today's art competition.

They secretly took some more pictures in the empty classroom because bringing gadgets to the school was strictly prohibited and were immediately confiscated when found.

Students who were heavily invested in sports and stayed even after school hours were the only ones allowed to bring their cell phones.

But in every school, there are some rebels; who think that some rules, not every, are meant to be broken.

So, on occasions like these, students devised various methods to secretly smuggle their cell phones inside the school premises.

And even teachers turned a blind eye to these rules if they involved their beloved students. And in Naina's case, she was that 'beloved' student.