Chapter XXV

The road they trod upon was still wet indicating that it was slightly drizzling a few moments ago. Kusumlata and Bhagyashree had come to the shrine-like they do every evening.

They were just talking to the priest about the upcoming Ekadashi when suddenly it started raining out of nowhere. As they had no umbrella with them, both the women decided to wait till the rain stopped.

And were instantly on their way home when it ceased. Couldn't risk waiting till another downpour.

Careful so as to not slip, Bhagyashree cautiously took her steps. After all, slipping and falling at this age was obviously not the option. Or who knows for how long she'll have to bear the pain and be confined to bed, which was a downright 'NO'.

Kusumlata held on to her friend's hand, her reason was just the same. She would hear no end to it from Vikrant if she tripped, she was sure of that.

"Oh look! In all of this, I forgot to tell you something very important." Kusumlata suddenly exclaimed.

"Hmph! When do you not!" Bhagyashree slightly taunted.

Ignoring her sneering friend, Kusumlata began, "You know Nalini ji – Eklavya and Rudra's grandma" she only continued when Bhagyashree nodded her head, "She was coming this Sunday, but now Rudra Pratap ji is also coming along with her."

"That's great news Kusum." Bhagyashree smiled cheerfully.

"Right and now, they are coming to Dehradun the upcoming Friday." Kusumlata ended jubilantly.

"Isn't it the first time your samdhi and samdhan are coming to your humble adobe Kusum?" Bhagyashree exclaimed in wonder.

"Of course! It is and tell you what, I'm so happy. Especially for Eklavya and Rudra." Saying that Kusumlata stopped by a provision store, as her adorable Kasturi had requested some things from the store.

~*~*~*~*~

"I shall not stay in this house anymore."

The sudden declaration out of nowhere made everyone bewildered. Radha who was just relaxing on the sofa after spending a hectic day in her office stood abruptly and looked at the source of the voice.

While Pradeep shook his head in derision as if used to it.

Aarav descended the stairs, stood near the sofa, and said, "I will not live here anymore. There is no respect for me in this house."

"What happened now?" Radha asked tiredly.

"I can fully guess." Pradeep interjected, "He again fought with Shivangi."

"What? Again! How many times do I have to tell you not to fight with her, Aarav she's your elder sister!" Radha chastised.

"Why do you always assume that it is I who instigate the fight?" Aarav cried in his defense.

Smiling a sardonic smile, Radha bent towards him and said, "Who was the one who ruined her project file two days ago?"

"I stumbled a little and the glass that was suspiciously full of milk fell upon it. It wasn't intentional." He said with a clueless face.

"Last week you worked magic on her new shirt with those sharp scissors." Radha reminded him.

"It's because I wanted my sister to be up to date with the latest fashion."

"If I'm not wrong, you also broke the small cactus plant she'd bought for her study table." Radha zeroed her eyes on him.

"And I'd told you, it was the work of a stray cat who climbed through the window." Aarav defended again.