"Why do I have to carry this..." The girl sounded annoyed as she followed him trying to keep on the path he was making in the deep vegetation.

"That is a child..." He muttered his tone matching hers. "And you are carrying her because she is two, you have working legs and I am not only carrying our stuff but also trying to clear a path to us... you are welcome by the way." The atmosphere remained tense.

"Can't we take a short break." The young woman whined again.

"No, we need to find a safe place to stay the night." He countered. "Somewhere we can build a cover off something. It might rain soon. Maybe we can find a cave." He pondered.

"I am not sleeping in a fucking cave." The little girl on the other girl's hip started crying again. "Shut up." The older girls sneered at the child.

"No you shut up... and you don't have to sleep with me and Les...but as I see it if we find one it would be a safe option... I don't see many five star resorts just lying around here." He mocked her. She didn't take it to herself but instead fired back.

"Who in their right mind would name a child they found Leslie...." She sounded like she was making fun of him, which she probably was but he didn't have the time to be offended by it.

"I didn't know if she was boy or a girl and Leslie is an unisex name."

"I don't even know where to start with that..." This time the tone was a bit teasing. "The pigtales and the dress didn't give you a hint or two? You could have checked? And there are much cuter unisex names... like Georgie or Charlie, Jules, the list is endless and you chose Leslie..."

"Shut up you don't even like her so why should you get to name her..."

"I don't like you either..." She grunt.

"Well feelings mutual... you are a bitch"

"Well thank you!" The girl laughed dryly.

"You're welcome." The path looked clearer and he decided to play nice, handing the girl one of the three backpacks reaching to take Leslie from her.

"I'll carry her now, you can lead the way... maybe to the cave... or off the cliff... either one is good." He faked his nicest smile and the girl grabbed the bag and flipped him off.

"Finally..." The girl started leading them and he followed. "The girl weighs a ton, hope you are in better shape than you look." He heard her snarl. "Thank God, she is now your burden" He chuckled to annoy the spitfire.

"My name is not God, it's Dean and you are very welcome."