Chapter 4: The Black Siblings

Time goes by differently when you are alone. Ascella felt as though she had sat on her bed crying for hours though it could only have been a few minutes. A knock sounded on the door, soft and shy. She wiped tears from her red-streaked cheeks and opened the door. Sirius and Regulus were stood in the doorway, tentatively hopping from foot to foot. 
"Can we come in?" Sirius murmured. 

That was when Ascella knew the situation. Her brothers never asked her for permission when entering her room, using her things, taking her food. They were lovably entitled and slightly annoying but polite? That is not a word that should be used to describe the Black brothers. She let them in and they sat down on her bed, all three hoping desperately that someone else would start the conversation. 

When no one did, Sirius took that upon himself. He was the oldest after all, if only by twenty minutes.
"Are you alright, Ascella," Sirius began. Before she could answer, he continued. "I mean truly alright. I don't want to hear the false response that you'd give to a stranger. I want you to tell me if you are honestly, really, definitely okay."

"My face hurts. Not that badly though. I'm more surprised than hurt. I've always felt like one of them was going to hit me. I just didn't expect it to happen then."
Her brothers eyes filled with sympathy.
"We could talk to them for you," Regulus offered. "We can try and convince them to-"

"No, Reg! Sirius, you are going to Hogwarts and it looks like you will too." 
She looked at her brothers, tears that stained her cheeks threatening to spill again. 
"I could never forgive myself if I took that away from you."