Chapter 17: Truth or Dare

When she awoke, the first thing Ascella realised was that she was not at home. The second thing she realised is that there was an arm around her waist. Lily's arm. Ascella could have moved, that would be the polite thing to do. But she had never been held in someone's arms for years, and that had been her brothers. So she lay back in Lily's arms, breathing in the sweet scent of her hair. Just a few moments until Lily woke up, then she would pretend that she had just woken up too. There was nothing strange about that. She just wanted sleep.

It was only a few minutes before Lily woke up and removed her arm from Ascella's waist. But it had been a perfect few minutes. Ascella decided that she might as well wake up now. The only problem was, she didn't have any clothes to put on.

"Here," Mary offered a white, summery dress with little blue flowers on, "Mrs Potter keeps some girl clothes here for when we stay over. There are more if you don't want this one."
"No this is perfect!" Ascella thanked Mary and took the dress. 

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

It took a while for all of the girls to get dressed, but when they were ready, they went to knock on the boys' door. Marlene knocked this time, and it was Peter who answered the door. 
"Hi," he yawned, "Mrs Potter said she'll bring up breakfast for us in here, if that's alright with you."
"Obviously breakfast is alright with us," Lily laughed.

They entered the room to a bizarre sight. James was still in bed, Sirius was curled up at the end of the bed like a dog, Regulus was stood in the bathroom doorway (randomly without a shirt) and Remus somehow already had a cup of tea.
"Alright, ladies," Remus asked, a mischievous smirk on his face, "I was just thinking of waking up Sirius and James. Care to help me?"

Lily smiled, glad for an opportunity to prank James. She went into the bathroom with Remus and they came back out, each holding a glass half filled with water. 
"Shall we?" Remus grinned.
"We shall," Lily smirked. 
They threw the glasses of water over James and Sirius, who shot up, screaming. 

"What the hell, Moony!" Sirius yelled, "My hair!"
"Lily, I thought you loved me," James whined, reaching onto a side table for his glasses.
"I really don't, James." 

The very wet boys went into the bathroom to dry off, and while they were gone, Mrs Potter cam upstairs holding a tray piled high with more breakfast foods than you could think of. It reminded Ascella of the breakfast her brothers had brought her all those years ago. 

*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.**.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*

When breakfast was finished and bellies were filled, they all lay down in on pillows, wondering what to do. 
"So," Sirius began, "What shall we do?"
"Don't ask me," Regulus groaned, clutching his head, "I'm too hung over for this shit."

"How about truth or dare?" Mary offered. She didn't wait for a response before she continued, 
"Yes? I'll go first then. Sirius, truth or dare?"
"Truth," Sirius answered, cockily, "I have nothing to hide."
"What really happened to your sister?"

Sirius paled and looked to Ascella for permission to share what had happened. She nodded to him, he took a deep breath and began,
"Our parents are full of pureblood shit. Must marry a pureblood, have pureblood kids, do this and that. Well, they took it further than that. They wouldn't let Ascella go to school because of some bullshit about being 'a good wife' and then they hit her when she asked to go. Then, the summer before second year, they locked her up. For five years, she couldn't see anyone except for Mother, Father and female tutors."

Gasps of shock came from Sirius' well-raised friends, and Lily and Mary reached out to hug Ascella. 
"Now," Sirius sighed, "Let's move on. Marls, truth or dare?"
"Dare," Marlene replied, "I'm not a coward like you, Black."
"Okay first of all I am not a coward, you bitch," Sirius cursed, "Now I dare you to kiss the person you find most attractive."

Marlene looked around the room, and lent over to her left. She kissed Dorcas, to cheerful gasps from her friends. Lily turned and whispered in Ascella's ear,
"You were right, you bloody genius!"

Marlene looked around the room.
"Ascella, truth or dare?"
"Um, truth?"
"Are you a virgin?"

Before Ascella could answer, James interrupted. 
"That's a stupid question, Marls," he scoffed, "One, she probably wouldn't know what that is-"
"Oh I do. You underestimate what a twelve year old Sirius would tell his sister."
"Okay but second," James continued, "If she's been locked up since she was twelve then she will be."

"I'm not actually," Ascella interrupted. All eyes in the room turned to her, full of confusion. 
"Andromeda managed to sneak me out a couple of times," she explained, "Once to do my OWLs, once to meet her daughter and once she took me to a club."
"So," Sirius remarked, "She broke you out for school and partying but not to see your brothers?"

"Anyway," Ascella moved on the conversation, "Lily, truth or dare?"
"Truth."
"Tell us your biggest secret."

The girls locked eyes. Lily looked worried but Ascella's reassuring gaze helped her continue.
"I'm a..."
"A?" Remus pushed her to continue.
"A lesbian."

This time, everyone reached out to hug Lily.
"Oh Lily," Dorcas comforted, "Why didn't you tell us sooner?"
"I thought you'd be mad," Lily sniffled.
"We could never," Mary crooned, "We love you, Lils. Just don't fall in love with me, even though I'm so hard to resist."
"Piss off Mary, you are not my type."
"Rude."