CHAPTER 6

Gosh, another day of feeling like shit. I couldn't feel my legs, hands, basically my whole body! It was all sore and weird. I couldn't even stand up properly.! I walked out of my tent and to my surprise, or not really since I have to deal with it, Popee was already chasing Kedamono with bombs, while Papi shook his head in upset-ness. 'I guess I was that tired that I didn't hear a single explosion,' I thought. It was his accept-ion for today I guess. "Could you shut up and do something else?" I said in a tired voice. Popee then turned his head to me. "No," he says proudly and winks at me. I did not just turn red. I couldn't help it, I really couldn't.

It took them a while to stop, and what I mean a while, 1-2hours. "So, who won in the end?" I said in a teasing way. Kedamono and Popee looked devastated. They couldn't say a single word. I sat them down and gave them some water. Of course I had the thought that Popee finished all of his bombs, but no matter what, he will find more eventually. Popee pushed his way through and went right away to his tent. The sun was setting down and cooler wind came into my face. "Hey Keda, are you feeling better now?" I ask him. "Oh uh yes I am, thanks." He leaves to his tent as well. It was strange for a day to become so unusual like this one.

I decided to stay up and watch the sunset on the sand. It really was calming. I always dreamed of seeing the sun go down, in a quiet area like this. It makes me feel comfortable. I never feel like this though. This time I wanted to stay up all night, but as well for Popee since i'm impatient and would like to say happy birthday to him right away. I instead stargazed and tried to stay awake. I heard footsteps and since it was really dark, I couldn't see anything. I got aware of my surroundings and panicked a bit to who's walking around. My vision was a bit blurry but I managed to see a figure in the distance and..
of course it was Popee. "Oh hey Y/N," he said softly. Not some typical thing. "Hey..," I say back. It was a awkward silence for a while until I said something. "Hey what time is it?" I ask him. They have this tiny alarm clock so that's where they got the time from. "Uh, 11:57, why?" He said. "You really do forget things easily. It's about to be your birthday in three minutes!" I said. He looked surprised. He stood up and sat next to me. I blushed a bit. "Well, I guess I do loose memory." He then chuckles. I couldn't get my eyes off the timer. '11:58, 11:59,' I thought every minute. '11- no, 12am!' I got really excited, I couldn't control anything that was going on with me. "Happy birthday Popee," I say quietly. He looks at me in shock.

{ POPEES POV }
What? My birthday, already? I looked at the time and it read '12:01'. Woah. I'm finally 17. "Oh thanks," I say back. Y/N yawns, she looks pretty tired actually. "I think i'm gonna go to bed, goodnight." she says in a tired tone. "Goodnight." I say back. Why was I being so nice towards her? Although I could consider her as my friend now, I cant be that mean with her. I have never stayed up so late. Ive always had a curfew because of the stupid gay ass sun. Y/N's really pretty and someone I've never met like before. She doesn't fight with me mostly when I get mad. She is
different. I'm kind of glad we have her here. 'I also should probably go to sleep as well' I thought. I went into my tent and thought about what later in the day would be like until I drifted off. I couldn't stop thinking of Y/N though, her imagery was stuck in my mind. I don't know what got into me. 'Snap the fuck out of it Popee!' I closed my eyes and shakes my head. But it didn't work. 'What is going on..'

~ 732 words ~