CHAPTER 3

It was audition day and I woke, ready and happier than ever. Papi comes out and looks at me. "Someones happy~" he says. "Yes I am! Isn't today the auditions?" He then looks surprised. "You're auditioning?! Ahh!! So glad to hear that, you will do perfect, trust me." He winks at me and I smile.

I wait and see a lot of girls coming to the Circus. Popee and Kedamono come out and welcome all of them. I watch happily and excited. "Alright everyone, we will go one by one and show what we got." Popee says proudly. I stand up from my chair and see that Popee comes towards me. "I know I said that you should show what you've got, but I don't mean you. You won't be chosen. So don't try, got it?" He whispered in my ear. I don't say anything back and I just stare at him. I walk away to the back stage.

The first contestant came out and started doing their tricks. She then sprained her ankle. 'Eek. I can feel that,' I thought. All the other contestants were doing the same. Spraining something, breaking a bone or just a injury! Except for contestant 9. The beat started playing and she was doing so good. Mines, Popees and Kedamonos eyes were on her. 'Huh, what's that feeling?' I felt anger and some type of jealousy. 'No no, I cant feel jealous..' once she was done I heard Popee say, "I think we found our new performer!" Then I became mad. Popee purposely forgot about me. "Ah yay! Thank you!" The girl says.

I didn't even talk to Popee, Papi or Kedamono after what happened. I just think and think. Then I almost start tearing up till Popee comes up to me. "Hey Y/N," he says. I don't say anything. "Y/N?" I still don't say anything or look at him. "Y/N!!!" He yells. I turn around. "What selfish?" I say back. Popee sighs. "I didn't think I've had to say this but, the girl who was chosen quit so you're our new performer." I look surprised and happy at the same time. "Thank you thank you!" I hug Popee but he doesn't hug me back. "Yeah okay whatever." He says. I leave with glee and excitement to my tent.

                                                             { POPEES POV }
Did she just fucking hug me? Wasn't she just mad at me a few minutes ago? What is wrong with her. I'm only happy that we've got someone else to perform with but, I don't know about her. "Hey Popee! What's wrong?" Kedamono come up to me. "Nothing, go do your shitty dog or wolf stuff." I push him away and just walk away. 'I wish I'd never met her.' I thought.

                                              { BACK TO STORY/YOUR POV }
"I cant believe it! I got chosen!" I got out of my tent and tried finding Popee. Once I found him, I run up to him. "Hey Popee, you might hate me but I have to thank you so much. I have never been chosen to some kind of big role in my life. Just thank you." He looks at me and chuckles. "I'm the best, aren't I? But that doesn't change the fact that I still don't want you here." I feel a wave of sadness. "Whatever. Take the thanks and don't talk to me again." I say. He goes back to doing what he was doing.

It was night time and I wanted to do some tricks. "Oo oo me me!!" Popee was juggling and it looked really cool so I wanted to do it. I got up and started juggling as well and Popee pushed me off. "Oh Y/N, but can you do this?" He pulled out knives from his blue bag and started juggling them. I was scared but competitive. I snatched the knives out of his hands and juggled them as well. I saw that Popee was jealous but he tried hiding it. I dropped the knives and looked at him. "Is someone jealous?" I teased him. He pushed me down to the ground. "Nope, no one is. Now go to bed you whore." He says. I get up and walk back to my tent. "Mean for what?" I mumble. Apparently, her heard what I said. "It isn't the first time you've seen me like that isn't it?~" He teases from behind. I roll my eyes and sleep inside my tent.

~ 746 words ~