Being the boss

Sometimes, you have to go through sadness to go through happiness.

-unknown author

Jen

"But I don't want to go!"

"But you have to!" Yelled Tamara.

Jen grunted in frustration. "I am perfectly capable of going to a Saturday without going to a party you know." She glared at her friend. "I don't even have anything to wear! Please Tammy, just leave me alone!" Using the nickname she had for her best friend always worked.

Tamara rolled her eyes. "You could borrow some of my clothes." She said.

"Fine."

****

And that's how Jen Lopez found herself going to a senior party.

"Hey darling!" Said a redhead, who was waving to us as she was walking towards us.

"Hey Sammy!" Said Tamara laughing.

Tamara and Sammy were laughing and hugging each other like long lost best friends. It was obvious that Sammy was drunk.

Jen instantly hated her.

"Hi, your really pretty." Said Sammy, her words slurred.

Well then...

"Thanks I guess?" Said Jen. Trying to be polite.

"But I think that you kinda have a big nose."

Key word, trying.

"Well I can't say the same for your chest or butt." She retorted. And it was true, Sammy the redhead was flat but she was pretty.

"And please, don't you think it's kinda rude to tell someone that you first met that their nose is kinda big. I mean your leaving a bad first impression on me." Said Jen, glaring at the Sammy.

Sammy rolled her eyes "Shut up, I don't think I like you." Almost falling over, since she couldn't stand up.

And...? It's not like I like you.

"No! Really? I don't even know you." Jen laughed.

Then Tamara spoke up nervously. "Jen you should just give Sammy a break, she's drunk and she doesn't know what she's saying."

"Fine, though I don't know how your friends with her." And with that, Jen turned around and walked away in the backyard, in which they were hundreds of people there.

She didn't know why she hated Sammy so much but she did.

"Jen?" She turned around to see Jay, a football player. Walking towards her.

"Hey Jay." Said Jen nervously.

"You want some?" He handed her a red cup which Jen guessed was filled with, alcohol.

"Thanks." Said Jen giving him a warm smile. Taking a sip of it, she asked him a question.

"How come your always being nice to me?"

Jena face was red with embarrassment after she realized what she had just asked him.

He let out a small chuckle "It's cause your nice." Someone was calling him and he walked away.

Why does she have to say embarrassing stuff to football players, they always intimidated Jen but still.

Then Sammy showed up. "Hey Jen! I'm really sorry for what I said!" She said smiling.

"It's okay I guess." All of a sudden Jen was feeling to tired to fight back.

In fact she felt like she might pass out any second.

"Jen see you okay?" Said Sammy with a look of concern on her face. "Why are you looking like that?" There was a crowd forming around them.

Jen's knees felt wobbly. Her eyelids felt like a thousand bricks. She fought to stay awake.

What was happening?

"Jen? Jen!" Sammy's voice was getting fainter and fainter. By now, Jen was on the ground. She saw Tamara running towards them.

"Jen! Try to-" yelled Tamara, but Jen couldn't get to Finnish her sentence because next thing you know, her mind was invaded by darkness.

****

Am i ugly? She thought to herself. I can't be beautiful, he wouldn't allow it.

He would kill her. Especially after the incident. She would be the laughing stalk of her town.

She stood up slowly, wobbling. and walked like a sloth to the river. Bending down next to the running water, she looked at her own refection and gasped. oh no... she thought to herself.

She was beautiful. Her cheekbones so high they could touch the clouds.  She gazed into her chocolate eyes. So soft, and warm. So... Innocent. She couldn't believe it was her own. Her deep brown hair was so luxurious, it would have brought the queens hair to shame.

She felt scared, scared of what he would do to her. Scared of what her parents would think.

She felt scared, but she was also relieved.  She didn't know why. Maybe it was because of  knowing a little of the unknown. That she knew she was going to be in trouble.

She was scared of him, but maybe she was also scared of herself.

****

This chapter was edited guys.