Chapter 23 ~ Crossover

CHAPTER 23 ~ CROSSOVER 

"So, we all have a Guardian that's supposed to take care of us and make sure we don't leave our path of life?" Zeb concluded. 

"Pretty much, yeah," I replied. 

We were sitting on the cliff and down at the camp Alexis and Shasta were having a friendly battle. Fire had bounced of a rock more than enough times and flown over our heads. Once, I had to splash some water in Alexis' face to keep her from getting too wild.  

"Wow," Zeb said. "Hey, do you know what creature you called forth in that last battle?" 

"No, I don't know. What was it?" 

"Believe it or not, it was a Leviathan." 

"No way!" 

"Way." 

Alexis had made a couple of mini-dragons that flew to Shasta. He reacted by creating some mini Behemoths that charged headfirst at the dragons. They collided and disappeared. 

Zeb went down to correct their mistakes. His Element, Air, had given him wisdom. He knew of most things and was thus our teacher from now on. I lay down and stared at the sky, letting my thoughts wander. 

Yesterday night, I had woken up in the middle of the night after having the same dream as Shasta. I ad noticed that Daniel was gone and I had shifted and raced back to the camp to see if Shasta was okay. He was murmuring something that I couldn't understand even with my advanced hearing. 

I thought about Daniel. I mean, sure, he was hot but not my type. And aren't all angels hot? Shasta is my perfect guy. And I am sure that Alexis will also find her mate. I just have this feeling. Zeb said that it is not always that two people are mates to each other. For example, he mated with Ayala and Zeb's guessing that Alem also mated with her, but she mated with Zeb. So, you get the complication, right? 

"You know," a voice mused next to me. "You weren't supposed to tell them that." 

I didn't look up and felt that he was disappointed. "So? You didn't forbid me to tell them either," I pointed out.  

"Good point. But now, I'm in custody. Thanks to you." 

"Me?" I was hurt and sat up, looking him in the eye. "Why me? I didn't do anything! You were the one talking about it. And forgetting to say that I couldn't tell my friends." 

"Yes, but your good looks and charm distracted me. When I see you, I just start blabbing away. Like I am now," he admitted. 

"What happens when you are in custody?" I asked, curious. 

"Well, first your wings get disabled for a month. In the first few days, you are locked up in a plain room with no way out. After that, you are slowly allowed more freedom until you are free again. But then you still have a week to go before your wings work again." 

"And how are you here?" 

"He gave me a minute with you cause we're a couple." 

I did my best to not puke and resulted in gagging. He looked at me with a strange expression before he disintegrated. Silently, I rejoiced. A whole month with an annoying Guardian trying to get you love him! A whole month!  

I lay down and stared at the clouds again. What would the prophecy mean?  

Four shall rise and defeat one. Four. Maybe us?  

Battles between two shall come. Alexis and I have fought a number of times.  

One shall leave. I had a hunch that one would leave and I hoped that it would Zeb, though I would not like it.