Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

A few weeks had gone by and she was making strides in her recovery process. Her mouth was still wired shut however her left arm was out of the cast and her knee was now just on a brace. She still had to keep weight off of it but she could move around better and not be in pain. The support of her friends and family along with a certain redhead had her way beyond happy. The neonatal surgeon had stayed with her day and night, barely ever leaving her side.

Meredith had found that sleeping next to Addison was her favorite thing to do. Being close enough to touch her soothed her and made her feel safe. And her smile, her smile could take away her pain and calm her. She needed nothing more but her.

It sucked that they had lost so much time away from each other. However, as she thought more and more about it she found that the time away had actually suited them both well enough. Because it gave her space to heal but more importantly it gave her her beautiful children and Addison her adorable son.

As she lay there she slipped into her now continuous day dream. Her and Addison together with their kids just being happy and nothing else. She smiled as she pictured them all together, Zola playing with her baby sister as she always would and Bailey getting into trouble along with Henry. Her, sitting between the redhead's legs happily lounging as they heard the kids being kids and running around. It was domestic and simple but it was what she desired more than anything.

Cristina walked in with Jackson and her attention went to them. Her person looked around the room searching for Addison but she had actually sent the redhead to eat. Cristina seemed to understand and just walked over to her.

"Guess what Mer?" Jackson came around cheerfully. "After seeing the scans I'm more than happy to say I can finally take those wires off and also you can most likely go home by the end of the week." His excitement seemed contagious as Cristina laughed happily next to her.

"You ready?" He asked and she nodded vigorously. "Ok. Here we go."

***

"Hey." Addison greeted with a smile bringing in a shake for her. "So I had them bring me one from the new smoothie place down the road. Hopefully it tastes better than the hospital one." She said as she made her way around the bed and over to her.

Meredith looked at her with a pout, which made her chuckle as she sat down beside her. "I know you hate these things already but I promise I'll get you some real food when we get out of here. By the way I talked to Jake already about us I mean our situation. We share custody of Henry so if I move up here I'll need his ok. He seemed fine with it. A bit sad but he was ok. Said he had an inkling about me staying for so long." Addison explained. "Also I went and checked on Zola and Bailey and Ellis. Don't worry Derek is feeding them well and they're getting 8 hours of sleep. Lexie says she had to clean the whole mess they had left the other day because Derek couldn't be bothered as he too was part of the mess. Guess you'll see when you get back to the house." She chuckled at that but started getting nervous as she noticed how quiet and serious Meredith was.

"Did... was going to check on them wrong? I won't do it again. I just thought you might want to hear about them. I'm sorry. I probably crossed way too many lines so fast. I'm sorry. I promise I won't do that again." Addison started to apologize. Everything in her life had been one step forward and three steps back. She was about ready to beg for forgiveness when...

"I love you." Meredith smiled, her voice sounding a bit hoarse.

"You... you spoke... you..." Addison fumbled.