Chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Addison was unsure of how long she had laid there sprawled on the floor until pain shot through her body once more snapping her from her haze. By now she was sobbing as the pain was starting to get worse and worse. She tried to stand but wasn't able to as the pain in her leg intensified and gave out completely.

"Meredith." She breathed out through her sobs.

Managing to make it to the couch she got on it and laid there breathing heavily and trembling as the pain worsened with every second. Suddenly she felt a pinch to her side from what she knew was supposed to be a chest tube. Her sobs continued to echo throughout the house and her brain started to shut down again.

Crying, shaking, and panting she lay there trying to remember where her phone was. She needed to know what was happening. She needed to know about Meredith but she couldn't move. Darkness was starting to envelop her once more when more pain than she thought possible shot through her jaw and face. Letting out a strangled cry she sunk again into the dark.

***

Hours had passed when she awoke again, the moon shimmering through the door a dead giveaway. Her whole body still throbbed and the pain seemed to have dulled but it was still there. She was still shaking as she tried to get up and started to cry once more.

The only thing that had her feeling somewhat better was the fact that there was still pain, which meant that whatever had happened hadn't killed Meredith. She was still here. She was alive, in pain, but alive nonetheless. What would make it a million times better was if she could call Callie and find out what was happening.

She got up slowly, her sore muscles protesting as she took trembling steps to the kitchen counter. She made it to her phone and after grabbing it she slipped onto the ground the bite of the cold tile a welcomed sort of relief to her aching muscles. Pulling up her contacts she scrolled until she reached Callie's but before she could dial pain seared her temples and jaw, then it started to irradiate from her side, legs, and arms.

"She's awake." She whimpered and willed herself to dial and bring the phone to her ear.

-The number you have called has been disconnected and is no longer in service-

She groaned as she got the message and cursed at Callie for having changed it. For a while she entertained the idea of calling Derek or Mark but decided against it. Instead she hoisted herself up and started making her trek up the stairs.

***

What a terrible idea. Getting a house with stairs was stupid or at least that's what she was thinking as she walked up said stairs slowly. When she made it up she collapsed again onto the ground and opted to crawl her way to her bedroom. Once inside she made her way to the bed and got on it as she looked for the bottle of melatonin.

Soulmate pain could not be taken away by painkillers. She had found that out the hard way back when she felt her body tearing apart when Meredith had had Bailey and Ellis. Hours upon hours of excruciating pain had her turning to painkillers which did nothing but make her sick. Then Violet had suggested sleep as a way to cope with the pain, which worked wonders. So given Meredith's luck with pain she had taken to always having melatonin in stock.

As she opened her drawer next to the bed she found the bottle of melatonin and a bag of chips with a drawing from Henry. She smiled at the picture and slowly ate the chips to try and garner some strength. After taking the melatonin and shooting a goodnight text to Jake she allowed herself to close her eyes.

She had already set the phone to the highest volume possible in case Callie would actually take the initiative and call her. Her body was still humming in pain both from what Meredith was feeling and her own as her muscles had constricted and spasmed in reaction to the pain. The natural remedy didn't take too long to take effect and soon she was asleep, hiding away from the pain that plagued her soulmate.