14.

Hi I am incredibly slow so I won't say much for this, just that for this chapter since I'm getting bored with my own story im improvising a lil bit! As always enjoy <33
-
-
-
-
-

you clenched your jaw nervously, feeling the air in your lungs become shallow. so this is what eren had planned behind closed doors. you backed up a bit, scanning your surroundings, and then looking back toward eren, where he stood across from you, the beast titan towering over the both of you from a little distance away, with visible objects in both hands.

one by one, eldian soldiers began to fall, rocks and large debris being thrown aimlessly around, the screams of terrified soldiers filled your ears.

those screams sounded awfully similar. you could've sworn you'd heard the wailing of women and children, their pleads of fear impossible to ignore in the midst of a war taking place in their home.

you frantically began to wobble on your feet, looking for a clearing to slip away from the spotlight where eren had put you, but it seemed you had nowhere to go. porco and reiner struggling to fight back against zeke throwing chunks of rocks and debris towards them.

in the rain of objects falling down, you stared at eren, hollow eyes of what used to be a boy with hope. it seemed you'd been caught off your guard from staring at him too long, when you suddenly saw him rushing toward you, a sharp blow to your face knocking you towards the ground.

you could tell he'd probably been angry at you before for your past actions, the way he repeatedly kept throwing punch after punch to your face grunting loudly, you saw some of your teeth fly out of your mouth from the force of his punches.

there the feeling was again, feeling hopeless, weak, and vulnerable. you felt shallow on the inside, unable to process any logical thoughts at the present moment, zoned out, all you could hear were eren's sounds of rage and the distant screaming of civilians as well as your own peoples.

-

"i get to brag to everyone that my sibling is a warrior!" udo chuckled to you, laying himself next to you. he was warm, his hair smelled of light shampoo, it was evident he had probably just washed it as you felt the dampness from his hair on your shirt, but you didn't mind it much.

"what's so good about being a warrior to you, udo?" you questioned, resting your hand on his head to gently stroke his hair.

"i just think it's pretty cool you play such a big role, you're practically like superheroes! you guys save the world!" you hummed in thought, resting your other arm that rubbed udo's back under your head. did he really think being considered a hero like this was something to be proud of? you couldn't blame him though, he was a kid, who'd known nothing of the struggles you'd went through or what you'd seen up until this point, you'd felt wrong if you shut him down now.

"yeah, it is pretty cool isn't it? your big sibling is a superhero," you lied, faking a small chuckle to ease udo's fantasy. it seemed to have worked when you felt him hug closer to you, resting his head firmly against your chest. "i'm proud of you y/n, we all are." how your heart ached when you heard those words. words of encouragement, even though you had failed.

you didn't respond to him, your thoughts racing wild, you began to feel your hand shake slightly, your eyes becoming glossy. "are you alright?" udo looked up at you, noticing how shakily you were stroking his head. you looked at him, forcing yourself to smile to repress his worries. "i'm fine, just a bit tired is all," you shrugged him off, patting his head lightly.

udo nodded his head slightly, laying his head back down on you as you resumed stroking his hair. "y/n," you heard his voice call your name out, catching your attention once more. "yes udo?" udo hesitated for a minute before opening his mouth to speak again, "we'll be together forever, right?"

you smiled to yourself, snaking your hand from under your head to rub his back again. "of course, i promise. there's nowhere that you can go that i won't be right beside you."

"i love you y/n."

-

if you gave up now, what would be the point in all of this? you had nothing more to fight for, yet something inside of you kept pushing you forward. worn out and overwhelmed, you used your strength to push eren off of you, giving you just enough time as reiner quickly tackled eren to the ground once more. porco joined in restraining eren, trying his best to gain access to eren's nape.

it proved ineffective though, as porco was kicked into a nearby building, leaving reiner by himself against eren. you regained your footing shakily, jumping onto eren, slamming his head into the pavement, holding him down with your remaining strength, trying your hardest to get a nip at the nape of his titans neck.

he seemed to have a never ending amount of energy, constantly thrashing around, kicking and punching at you, throwing you into buildings leaving you burnt out. reiner, now by himself facing eren, throwing punches and receiving more.

you looked up, seeing the cart titan at the top of the walls, firing a missle toward eren's head, catching him off his guard, giving reiner space to regain the advantage. he took advantage of this fact, tackling eren to the ground.

the beast titan had put up a fight, debris scatter across the clearing, but it seemed zeke had been shot down, as he laid on the ground, steam coming from his head. from your flank, scouts lunged toward you, shifting your attention.

you shielded yourself from their attempts to attack you, smacking them away hastily, wounding some and crushing others. however, you were soon interrupted in your tracks when you heard zeke grunt loudly, recovering from the blow he had just received on his cranium.

your eyes widened when you realized what he was about to do, racing toward him wailing desperate pleas for him to stop. it seemed in this moment, time began to slow down, everything you'd ever told zeke, every interaction you've ever had with him replayed in your head, up until now, you were pitted against him, your enemy.

you felt a horrible drop in your stomach when your ears rang, no choice but to stop dead in your tracks, guilt beginning to fill every crevice of your body.

a loud scream rang out, and suddenly, all around went up in smoke and sparks flew, only to welcome more screams of eldian soldiers. you only felt worse when your mind suddenly began to wonder, a sick feeling building up in your stomach.

falco ingested zekes spinal fluid.
-
-
-
-
-

End of chapter.

Ahaha I'm not dead!! Surprise! I rlly anticipated releasing this chapter, but i got writers block but hopefully I'm out of it and can post chapters, lately I feel really productive. I hope you all enjoy this chapter!