chapter 5

Vic's P.O.V.

"Can I talk to you?" I asked.

"Yeah sure." he said.

When he said it, I prepared myself for what I would say next. I didn't really know what I was going to say, but I knew that it has to come from my heart. I have grown to have this sort of affection for him...and I don't know if I can get rid of these feelings that have suddenly--well not so suddenly popped up.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I walked in and sat my backpack in one of the desk and sat in the one that is directly across from his desk. I still didn't know exactly how I was going to go about this. "Thank you so much" "Why do you let people walk all over you?" We both said something at the same time which made it hard to figure out who would actually say something first.

"You go ahead." he urged.

I cleared my throat. "I just really want to thank you so much for getting Oliver away from me back there. I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been there."

"Vic...if only you knew just how much I already wanted to hurt him...you wouldn't want to thank me. You might even run away from me." he said. "Why...why do you let people walk all over you and take advantage of you?" he asked.

"I don't know. I know that I deserve better, but...it's just hard. Not even my own mother loves me like normal mothers love their children. I guess I just have to open my eyes and see what's best for me." I heard myself say.

"No one, and I mean no one especially you of all people, deserves to be treated like that,Vic. I'm telling you for your own good. And that prick Oliver had it coming. I mean who does he think he is first cheating on you then acting like that and why would he do that to someone as perfect and funny an---" he stopped mid sentence. I didn't know what he was going to say next but the only word I hear was perfect. I'm the perfect one? That's kind of funny actually considering all of the girls at this gosh darn school had a crush on him.

I couldn't stop smiling which might have looked kind of creepy to him but I was just called perfect by Mr. Quinn. *insert fangirl squealing*

"Go on..." I teased.

"Haha very funny." he said. I began to wonder if I had just imagined this whole thing. Maybe I was dreaming. That would explain this whole day to me.

"Seriously though, Mr. Qui--" he cut me off.

"Please, It's Kellin." he said.

"Alright...Kellin, thanks again. I'm so glad that you were there, but really hope you don't get in trouble over all of this."

"Puh-lease, If I get in trouble, at least I know it was worth it." he laughed, me joining in only a few seconds later.

"Yeah. I have to get going..um my mom might be wondering where I'm at by now." I said, a little dissapointed because I really didn't want to go. I knew now that no matter where it was, if Mr.Qu--Kellin was around I would continue to feel safe, and safe is the only thing I really wanted to feel right about now.

"Yeah that's probably a good idea." he said. As I was getting over to my bag so I could get home, I heard him ask "Wait...uh, Vic...I was thinking of going over to a small poetry reading in Biersburg tomorrow night...would you like to maybe come along? I think it would be a great experience and I've heard from other teachers that you are really good--great at writing poems." he asked. I was really surprised that he just asked me to...a date? No he didn't see it that way.

"I would love to go." I answered truthfully, and honestly, I would probably pretend it was a date the whole time. I didn't bother asking if it was just going to be the two of us because, well I didn't really care as long as I could be near him.

"Great." he answered. "It'll be after school Friday night so just...um stay after and I guess we'll be off."

"Alright." I said with a smile and a wave. And with that, I think I could finally sleep well tonight.

KELLIN'S P.O.V. (sorry for changing point of views in the middle of a chapter :/)

I'm a monster. That's all I could think as I lay in my bed tonight trying to get to sleep. I couldn't seem to fall asleep because all I could think out was Oliver's bloodied face. I wasn't sorry, no. I just felt bad that I did it in front of Vic. I don't know If he would see me differently now that he saw how violent I can actually be. I hoped he would still look at me the same. Honestly, I shouldn't care this much about him; about anyone for that matter.

Along side all of the worrying, there were those butterflies in my stomach that told me exactly how I felt towards Vic. It was kind of troubling, but I didn't want them to go away.

Vic is like...well he's like a fragile insect in a world of predators...okay maybe not the best analysis. He was however, fragile. I don't think he realizes just how easily someone could hurt him if they tried. I mean, I'm not the biggest guy, but I have some meat on my bones, at least. I liked his vulnerability in a way, though. I liked the way it feels like I have to protect him. Like I will stop at nothing to make sure he is safe. I'm sure he realizes by now that I don't really care what any prick around here thinks of me.

The principal moved my teaching two grades down. I would no longer be teaching the senior class, except tutoring on Wednesdays. I really can't stand Oliver. This is all his fault. Apparently, I'm switching classrooms with the sophomore teacher, Mr. Tony Perry. I didn't mind much, but I sure would miss having Vic in class.

I feel like I have some Vic finder machine in my head these days. I wouldn't even had known he was in trouble if I hadn't had the feeling that something was wrong. I somehow knew when he was in danger. I wish I could take all of the evils out of the world--or the school at least. Rumors have been spreading like wildfire around the school about Vic. I'm not sure if he's heard any of them yet, but the source of the problem: Danny Worsnop and his hooligans of friends. So far they have told the entire school that Oliver only dated Vic because he was paid to do it (with the help of the Devil himself, that was spread) rumors that Vic had some sort of STD had also been going around. I literally would rip all of their heads off of their shoulders if I could.

No matter how many times I turned, fluffed my pillow, got a glass of milk or water, I could never find sleep. which really upset me. I didn't want to look like a fool with bags under my eyes and looking like I didn't get any sleep on my date with Vic tomorrow. Of course, he didn't know it was a date. He would probably be pretty scared if he found out a 23 year old man was fantasizing about a date with him.

I thought about how the senior trip is going to go down and when reality wasn't good enough for me, I started to make up scenarios in my head. For example: If Vic and I got stuck on a roller-coaster together...or if we actually got to room together for the week. My mind really did get the best of me sometimes. Of course, I would never actually admit that to him.

Five years isn't much, really. I kind of wished the age difference was closer so he doesn't think that I'm some weird old man, that secretly loses hours--days--nights of sleep over him.

Six o'clock came around and I hadn't gotten a blink of sleep so I finally gave up and started getting ready for the day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey sorry for ending the chapter so abruptly...day light savings is messing with my mind. Like lose an hour of sleep????Not cool...

The YouTube vid if you haven't seen it was a fanmade vid for the story 1000 paper cuts. Whoever made it should be my best friend bc yay friends. Also go read 1000 paper cuts by thekellinunderthevic because baee