Chapter 10

(A picture of the motel above)

Vic's P.O.V

I was woke up abruptly when I started hearing piercing screams throughout the room. I looked over to see Kellin shoot out of bed and run to the bathroom. Before I could muster the strength to go check on him, I heard him sobbing. I pulled myself out of the bed, and walked over to the bathroom door and banged on it.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked quietly. He didn't respond, only kept crying. Unfortunately, he locked the door so I couldn't get in. "Kellin?" I asked, seeing if he would answer this time.

"I'm...uh...I'm alright. I'll be out in a few minutes..." he said through the door. I didn't believe him, though.

"Unlock the door." I told him. After a few more seconds of silence, I heard the little click doors make when someone is locking or unlocking a door. I grabbed the handle, and walked in with caution. The look on his face said everything. He was not alright. I walked over to where he was sitting on the floor and hugged him. "What's wrong?" I whispered.

He shook his head left and right while another steady stream of tears flowed down his face. He rested his head on my shoulder and whispered "It was a dream."

I was relieved to find out that he didn't somehow get hurt or anything, but I was still worried. "What happened?I-I mean you don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable" I asked.

"It--it was uh like a flashback" he started, his voice quivering with every word. Tears were still running down his face. "It went back to when I was in high school. At first, things were alright...everyone was perfectly normal. The next thing I knew...there was a guy coming in with a gun. He didn't want to shoot any of the other people. Only me. And you want to know why? It was because...I'm gay. He shot me because of my sexuality. The scary pa-part was that everyone was cheering him on. Then, they all had guns, and shot me at the same time." he told me.

I didn't know what to say. I was scared for him. If I had that dream, I would have been really scared also.

Once he finally calmed down, his head was still on my shoulder, and I was rubbing his back in a circular motion. I didn't want to leave the way we were, but it was only 3 in the morning and we would have to be up by 8. So, I walked him to his bed, and kissed his forehead. "If you need anything, I'm right here." I assured him, when he looked up at me.

I felt like for once, I was useful. It wasn't him saving me. Well, I didn't exactly save him, I just comforted him I think. Either way, I actually felt like I had done something useful, and It made me feel good.

Sleep didn't come so easily, but eventually, after about an hour of just lying and staring into the ceiling, I found myself drift off to sleep.

Kellin's P.O.V.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

It was like the alarm had no off button. Or one that we could find. Vic finally just put it in the closet and left it there so the only thing we could hear was the faint beeping of it.

I was so thankful to have Vic last night. These type of dreams only happen to me every so often, and usually, they have something to do with high-school, because well, that was the worst experience of my life. I somehow got through it though.

-----------------------------

We started to get some clothes on a little bit after we got up. I had to go do a room check and make sure everyone was out of bed and going down to breakfast. Vic was humming a little and headed down to the cafe thing in the motel. "See you down there" he said with a wave.