════|Chapter 12|════

Hinata opened one eye slowly, he let out a groan and closed his eye. The light that seeped passed the small crack between the curtains blinded him. He turned around and slowly opened both eyes. The orange head slowly sat up, rubbing one of his eyes. He had just noticed that he was the first to wake up, surprisingly.

Slowly but quietly, he stood up and stretched, a satisfied groan escaping his lips.

His eyes wandered to over where Tsukishima lay, his eyes widened. It was mistake. Tsukishima and Yamaguchi lay face to face, abnormally close to one another. Tsukishima's face was calm and subtle, it was so peaceful. A face Hinata had never seen. Usually, the small tangerine would only see an angered or annoyed expression from the salty boy.

Hinata shook his head. No... no... don't think about it, it's fine... it's fine! Don't think about it! Think about something else! Volleyball! An image of when he first met Tsukishima flashed into his mind. Home! He thought about when he first went over to Tsukishima's house and when they walked together. Happiness-

A cough escaped Hinata's mouth.

The excruciating pain in his chest clawed at him, once more tearing him from the inside out, torturing his lungs and throat. Hinata hurried out of the room and towards the bathroom. Hinata closed the cubicle door behind him and coughed, tears blurring the sight of blood, petals and flowers sinking into the toilet. His breathing was disrupted and Hinata placed his hand over his chest.

Help... help it hurts... Hinata coughed, vomiting out blood and petals in the process. Suddenly the door had burst open. A soft hand rubbed circles on his back and a soothing voice washed out his chaotic and pained mind.

"Breathe Hinata... breathe... you're doing fine... it's going to be just fine..." the hushed tone calmed the tangerine in no time.

Hinata's face wrinkled in weak pants, the tears that streamed down his face lessened and his breathing slowly returned to normal. Sugawara looked at Hinata and smiled, the pain however, visible.

"S-Sugawara-s-san..." Hinata's voice was hoarse.

"It's ok, you don't need to apologize or say anything." Sugawara assured.

The two stayed there for sometime, once Hinata had completely recovered Sugawara helped Hinata up and they made their way to the kitchen to get some water for him. Hinata choked out a "thank you" and slowly sipped the water, once he was done, he handed the glass back to Sugawara who washed and dried it.

"Feeling better?" Sugawara finally asked, drying his hands.

Hinata slowly nodded, feeling bad for worrying the silver haired third year so early in the morning. Sugawara could tell that his baby crow felt bad, so he smiled and ruffled his soft, orange hair. "Don't feel bad Hinata." Sugawara said in a soft, yet reassuring tone.

Hinata's lips were pursed together in a line. "O-Ok..." he stuttered, "um... S-Sugawara-San... why were you up so early?"

"Oh, I was coming back from getting a drink actually." Sugawara answered with a sheepish grin. "Do you want to head back? You don't have to if you don't want to."

Hinata managed a small smile and looked up at Sugawara, "no I think I'll go outside for a run. Thanks Sugawara-San!" The small orange haired teen said as he stood up and walked with his upperclassmen to their rooms. They parted ways and Hinata slipped on some sweatpants, a white long-sleeved shirt, and his sneakers. He then quietly headed out and started his run.

~

The cold air stung his face as he let out breaths that were visible in the cold air. The warmth of the sun was being overpowered by the start of winter. Hinata stopped for a moment and looked to his right, watching the sun slowly rise up, its rays overcoming the mountains. He hovered his arm over his face and smiled.