════|Chapter 10|════

Kenma looked at Hinata, listening to his best friend talk on and on about what he's been up to and games he had been playing. Although Hinata look happy, Kenma spotted Hinata's brown orbs look towards Tsukishima, for a moment the sight of pain shined in his eyes before he turned back to Kenma and smiled.

"By the way Kenma, do you have any games you want to recommend to me?" Hinata asked as he put volleyballs into the trolley and walked to the storage room with Kenma following him.

"Hm... not really, but I do want to ask, are you ok Shoyo?" Kenma asked and Hinata froze for a moment. The middle blocker looked at Kenma for a moment until he finally forced a chuckle, he raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you asking? Of course, I am..." Hinata grinned as he walked out with Kenma. The pudding haired teen looked at his best friend and looked away.

"You hesitated... somethings obviously wrong," Kenma paused as everyone gathered to see him and his team off, "but you don't have to tell me Shoyo, take care."

Hinata could only smile as he waved goodbye to his best friend. Kenma got onto the bus with Kuroo ushering him from behind. Soon enough the team all got inside the bus and, they were long gone. The sun had set over the horizon and all that was left was its rays. Hinata frowned and hurried into the building they were staying in.

He heard his teammates voices as they too, entered the building.

"Tsukki!" Yamaguchi beamed as he ran up to his tall childhood friend. Tsukishima stopped and waited for Yamaguchi as he merely nodded as a hello to him. "So, you still think he's bad?"

"More like desperate." Tsukishima almost immediately answered.

"Come on Tsukki, he's not bad." Yamaguchi urged.

"So, I've heard from you over a million times." Tsukishima rolled his eyes as he and Yamaguchi entered the room the first years were sleeping in. "Listen Yamaguchi..."

The smaller male looked at Tsukishima with a smile still plastered on his face. Tsukishima looked at Yamaguchi straight in the eyes and sighed. "I don't know why you keep pestering me and encouraging me about Hinata, but..." he paused, "stop."

"W-What do you mean... Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked, his smile slowly fading away.

"I mean stop trying to get me to be friends with him," Tsukishima sighed, "it's obviously never going to work! He hates me and I hate him! That's how it is, there's nothing that can change that fact... even if I try to be friends with him, he's just going to push me aside and he already is!"

Yamaguchi gulped as he listened to the blonde rant on and on.

"Why can't you just give him a chance!? What's so bad about giving someone a chance to get to know them?!" Yamaguchi retorted, curling his hands into fists.

"I have! I talked to him! All of today I started the conversations! What did he do?" Tsukishima asked, "he acted as if he hated me! He acted as I had been acting towards him!"

"That's because of what you said to him earlier! Do you think someone can recover that quickly from hurtful words!" Yamaguchi asked as he looked down at the ground, recalling the moment he found Hinata on the floor in the bathroom. "Hinata's obviously suffering, he's obviously suffered from all the times you've treated him like crap!"

Yamaguchi grabbed Tsukishima by his shirt.

"Hinata's laughed it off and forgiven you for your actions so many times, but you took that for granted and kept insulting him! Of course, he's gonna treat you like you treat him! He's in pain Tsukki!!!" Yamaguchi breathed heavily.

Tsukishima stared at his friend in shock. It's the second time he had seen him so worked up. He opened his mouth but then shut it, unsure what to say to him. Yamaguchi let go of Tsukishima and he turned around.

"Why... are you so protective of Hinata? Did something happen when you went to go look for him?" Tsukishima asked as he turned his back to Yamaguchi.

Yamaguchi took a deep breath to calm himself down.

"No..." he answered quietly but loud enough for Tsukishima to hear.

"Oy! The showers are ready first years!" Ennoshita said as he opened the door to only find Yamaguchi and Tsukishima and the tension. "Erm... y-you guys good?" He asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah... I was just about to go take a shower." Yamaguchi answered, smiling a little at his upperclassmen. He then quickly grabbed his things and exited the room to find Hinata walking down the hallway. I wonder if he heard our conversation. He thought but then shrugged it off.

Hinata rushed to the showers, trying to hold in his pain and the feeling of screaming. He had heard it all, Yamaguchi, and Tsukishima's whole conversation. He was on his way to the showers after talking to Tanaka and Nishinoya, he didn't mean to pry, he wanted to get something from his bag but when he heard them talking something told him not to enter.

He swallowed hard and got undressed.

(A/N: Just realizing how wrong that sentence is but that's fine-)

He then got into the showers, closing the door behind him. He heard Yamaguchi and Kageyama enter the showers. Hinata felt the hot, salty tears that had filled his eyes mix with the water. He covered his mouth with his hands as he fell to his knees, sobbing.

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

And yet, he still loved him.

Loved him more and more.

Why... why does love hurt? I love him... I love him... I love him but I hate him, and it hurts. It's so painful... it's like I'm suffocating... drowning. Hinata though.

He screwed his eyes shut trying to breathe normally. He let out a few coughs and watched the petals go down the drain. A heavy blanket silenced his cries, dulling his senses, and tightly wrapped him in a suffocating embrace.

Hinata clenched his chest with one hand while the other was still placed firmly over his mouth. Like a jolt of electricity, the pain shot through his nerves, reminding him that the pain was there possibly forever but he knew he could escape that pain.

After a while he finally composed himself. He got out of the shower and dried himself. Yamaguchi looked at Hinata seeing his red, puffy cheeks. "Hinata are you alright?" He asked with a look of concern.

Hinata looked at Yamaguchi and smiled, "yeah!" He answered as he put his things away, "you know Yamaguchi... I'm going to have the surgery."

"Eh?" Yamaguchi asked.

"I never told you what the cure was for the disease, right?" Hinata asked and Yamaguchi nodded. Hinata smiled and looked outside the window. "Surgery is the cure, I'm going to have it and I'll be all better! Although I should probably have it before nationals... a-anyways, please don't tell the team though! I don't want them to worry."

Hinata chuckled.

"So that means you won't suffer anymore? Right?" Yamaguchi asked and Hinata nodded with a big grin. "That's great Hinata and I won't tell the team, promise!"

"Yep, and thanks Yamaguchi!" Hinata said.