Chapter 3

It was around twelve when I got home. The bus was delayed because of the explosion.

I was too tired to shower so I went straight to bed without even thinking.

As i woke up I looked at the clock and saw that it was eleven am. My mom had been trying to call me several times.

I called her back so she would know I was okay, but she know I don't get hurt easily. After a few second she picked up and started talking fast and asked questions.

«Are you okay? Did you get hurt? I heard you helped people out.»

«Mom I'm okay, relax» I said in a sort of calming voice.

«Thank god. I know you can handle it but you don't need to run into falling buildings.» I could hear that she was a little mad.

«What would you do, just let the people die. You and I both know I couldn't have lived with myself if someone died while I could have helped them.»

«Yeah I know, just be careful if it happens again. You're grandma called me and told me about it all. God, that retirement home let them watch too much tv.» Mom just babbled into the phone never getting to the point.

«Mom, please get to the point.»

«Mhm yeah, she called and said that she was proud of you. She saw you on the tv and thought that you looked badass, whatever that means.» I chuckled at that.

After a pause mom said «Do you know what will happen to the restaurant, is it closing?»

I sighed «I don't know really, the building seemed okay when I left. But maybe there is going to be an investigation, i'll head down and check later today.»

«Sound good, i'll let you rest a bit more. Let me know what happens with the job and I'm gonna call your grandma and let her know your okay.»

«Great bye, love you and say hi to grandma for me.»

«I will, love you too bye.»

As i hung up the phone I dropped myself down on the couch and watched Netflix.»

***

Around four o'clock when I had eaten and gotten ready I walked down to the restaurant to see what was going to happen.

The street was full of reporters interviewing witnesses and getting info from the police. I managed to  squeeze myself through the crowd and get into the restaurant.

«Hello, is anyone here?» I called out.

«Stephany, is it you?» I could hear someone say in the distance.

«Yeah where are you?»

«In the backroom» I walked to the back of the room seeing Eleanor behind her desk.

«Hi, I came to see if we were going to open tonight or not» I said kind of nervous for the response.

«Unfortunately we aren't going to open any time soon. The guy who owns the company has been thinking of closing a restaurant so he can open a new one in LA. The explosion is a perfect excuse to shut us down.» said Eleanor and I could hear the sadness in her voice.

«But we bring in a lot of costumers and I have never heard anyone complain about the food. There must be something we can do?» I tried to reason.

«Im sorry, but he doesn't care about the costumers he just wants to open new restaurants in higher status places. I'm just waiting on the email» she sighed «I would start looking for a new job if I were you.»

Great, I thought to myself. Another job I couldn't hold on to for longer than six months. Now I had to find another job before my lease went out.