twenty-five. a date

Entering the hotel after walking back to calm yourself down from everything that interview made you feel, you can't help but feel complete dread and worry. Alastor must have seen the interview, you feel such shame and humiliation—not the good kind—and you're so scared of what he's going to say. Is he going to be mad or upset? Will he give you the silent treatment?

Your hand grabs a fistful of your hair and you make your way towards the picture room. The only room in the hotel that had a flat-screen television for the purpose of watching any sort of picture shows. Without any idea of how to make this up to Alastor, you push open the door where everyone is talking loudly. Once you enter, everyones loud conversing stops.

Looking to Alastor standing with his hands folded behind his back you blink rapidly. He slowly makes his way over to you, everyone stilling and holding their breaths after seeing that exposé of an interview. Swallowing hard, you exhale shakily through your nose and don't move. A soft gasp leaves your lips when he taps his microphone on the ground and those in the room fall unconscious.

His hand opens and the microphone disappears.

Looking back to his crimson gaze you shake your head gently.

"Alastor...I'm so sorry I—" Your eyes widen when he grabs your face and plants a soft kiss against your lips. His lips are soft against yours and the kiss is deep, his hands firm but not painful in holding your face. Your soft hands reach up and place over his, eyes fluttering shut as you lean into the kiss.

When he pulls away you look into his eyes with confusion and guilt. "You love me, right?",he asks while gently swiping his thumb along the apple of your cheek. Exhaling softly you nod, brows furrowing while reaching up and cupping his cheek.

"Of course I love you...",you say in a soft voice. He smiles at you and shakes his head. A soft chuckle leaves his throat and he plants a gentle kiss against your cheek. You're so confused with his behavior and reaction towards the photographs online.

"I could never tire of hearing you say that.",he says while fixing his posture and pulling away from you. "I don't give a damn about those photographs. You're my love and that's in the past. Don't worry that pretty head of yours over nonsense, my dear." Complete relief floods you and you smile at him while feeling your entire body relax.

He shrugs idly with a soft grin. "Plus I make you look far more pleasured." A laugh leaves your lips and you shove him as your face grows hot.

"Oh Alastor! Hush!",you scold him in a playful manner. He laughs and you look to the others passed out on the floor. "My goodness...are they going to be okay?",you ask with a twinge of worry.

Alastor looks to the hotel occupants passed out and he nods with a dismissive wave. "Of course! Don't fret, my dear! They'll wake up in a few hours.",he reassures you. Then he leans down and plants a kiss atop your head. "But I have to go—I have a bit more to do for our date tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you then, make sure to dress nice."

Before you can bid a farewell he disappears and leaves you alone. Looking to the others you breathe out a soft laugh and walk over.

You leave the theatre room once you set your family in the comfortable recliner seats to ride out the rest of their forced slumber. Walking down the corridors and to the lobby, you're craving a drink and you run a hand down your face with a deep exhale. That interview was horrible but at least the paparazzi are gone and it's over with.

Honestly you just hope people will now respect Charlie and actually want to be redeemed, people will maybe want to come to the hotel for the right reasons.

"Y-Y/N."

The sound of that anxiety filled voice makes your feet slowly come to a stop. Turning around you look to the fish demon, he stands stiff with his head hanging. His fists are balled at his sides and he is visibly trembling. A pang hits your heart at the sight of him and you turn completely to face him.