fourteen. things are never good for long

"How!",you exclaim loudly while watching Alastor take the twenty you placed on the bar. He chuckles and grins along with Husk. You frown while glaring at both men and tossing the cards down onto the bar. "You're both cheating bastards. I can never win without magic.",you complain while swinging your feet from the stool you sit on.

"Oh my dear it's not my fault you're so horrible at every card game!",Alastor exclaims while placing down his cards. With a snap of his fingers the cards disappear from on top of the bar and he grins at you in a cocky manner. A soft snort leaves your lips and you stick your tongue out at him.

"I'm not horrible! I beat Vaggie yesterday during dinner...",you trail off when you realize that's not much of a feat considering the moth demon is worse than you at these card games. The sound of knocking at the lobby door you step off your stool while shooting burning glares at the two men who simply look at you in amusement. "I'll get that."

Your competitive side was burning with having loss one hundred dollars to Alastor and two hundred to Husker.

But, still, you're happy and upbeat just a day after an amazing lunch with Sir Pentious and Baxter. You feel light as a feather on your pretty vintage heels and in a pretty a-line vintage dress. It seems things between you and Alastor are as good as new, even if it is hard to not be all over him after professing your love and him professing his.

Things are good.

Opening the door you look up and smile big. "Seviathan!",you exclaim with a bubbly enthusiasm. He grins down at you and bends down. His arms wrap around your waist and yours go around his neck for a warm embrace as a sweet greeting. He smells like his expensive cologne and sea salt caramel, dressed down but still sleek looking.

"You look beautiful, Y/N.",he comments when you pull away. His eyes glitter while looking down into yours. You smile softly while stepping aside and opening the door wider for him to come in. That flutter in your heart flaps away and your face gets a bit warm.

"Thank you, Seviathan. But what are you doing here?",you ask more in genuine curiosity and not annoyance or inconvenience. You shut the door behind him when he enters and you turn to him, hands folding down in front of you.

Seviathan exhales deeply while looking at you. You seem to get more beautiful every time his eyes lay on you. His heart thumps in his chest and his grin widens a bit to see the high neckline you wear. The marks he left must no doubt still be there. His are out and in the open, the dress shirt he wears unbuttoned a few.

He could laugh when he feels two sets of eyes boring into his head.

Oh the satisfaction that floods him.

"I was wondering...",he trails off while faking shyness and rubbing the back of his neck,"...my parents want you to join us for a lunch. You don't have to come with if you don't want to but it seems they've taken a liking to you."

"Don't do shit, Al.",Husk warns while fixing the bandage on his cheek from his injury a day ago. He's long since forgotten to give a fuck that Alastor tried to erase him.

Alastor hears Husk and he exhales shakily while watching you across the lobby. Things are going smooth with you now but he wants nothing more than to rip that Von Eldritch's head off. His lecherous eyes shamelessly roam up and down your body. And when he hugged you, his arms were too tight and he gave Alastor a shit-eating grin.

He's unable to hear what you and Seviathan are conversing about. But you're smiling and the bastard is grinning, hands folded behind his back and posture straight. Alastor despises how sharply the smug bastard dresses. And he despises how good of an actor he is, acting shy and timid. He rubs the nape of his neck and glances away.