Chapter 17

Harlow

Harlow

"I'm gonna do it, Ivory".

"I'm sure you are".

"I will walk in there-

"Mhmm"

"Grab a seat next to him-

"Of course"

"And sit on it"

"And what a plan it is" She cheered sarcastically. "But I think you missed a step". A wave of panic went through me as I rethought my entire scene.

"Really, which one?"

"The part where you grow some balls to open this door"

I opened my mouth to say something but ended up closing it. She was right, I'd stood outside the door to the Dining Hall for about ten minutes now, ranting about all I would do when I finally open it.

But I haven't made a move to do so.

"You know what I think you're right-

"Fucking finally I'm starving" She moved to open it but I was already turning around.

"This plan is terribly flawed and I'll need a good nights rest to come up with a better one" Before I could go far I was grabbed by Ivory.

"Okay you don't have to sit with him or anything, but at least go in and eat" 

I stared at her for a few seconds "No I think I'd rather starve".

She gave me a pointed look "Harls, you'll regret this"

"I have plenty of time to regret in the morning".

She groaned in annoyance before an evil glint sparked up her green eyes. I instinctively took a step back.

I don't like that look.

"You'll thank me later" Next thing I knew was being shoved into the hall. I tripped over myself but a gust of wind flew by me and suddenly I was being steadied by an arm.

Sparks.

"Uh thank you" I smiled sheepishly, avoiding his gaze. I looked slightly past him to see Ivory giving me double thumbs up with a cheeky smile.

Evil little shit.

"No problem" He helped me up till I was standing upright and then he extending his hand out to me "Wouldn't want you kissing the floor again" He chuckled, clasping his warm hand around mine.

Heat flew to my cheeks.

I was snapped out of my daze as a little body jumped into mine. Meaning I had to let go of Malakai's hand to catch it. I looked down at the storm of brown curls that was now pressed into my side.