(𝗜𝗫)

It was a few days after Ally's intense depressive episode, and the harsh conversation with her aunt. Since then, Claire and Ally had barely spoken and it didn't go unnoticed by Henry and Vera. The two of them just assumed that it was awkward between them because it had been so long since they had last seen each other, that definitely wasn't the case.

_____

"Wait so you've barely talked to your aunt because of some dumb little talk?" River asked. The three of them were sitting at one of the many round tables outside of their school. The table was a few feet away from another table that Zoya and Julien were sitting at. Zoya and Julien had seemed to be on good terms, and Ally decided to stop associating herself with Zoya because of that. "Yeah she looks at me but she doesn't say anything so it just leads to this awkward silence, and don't even make me talk about how awkward dinner was last night." River decided to ignore his friends request "What happened at dinner last night?" Honey smacked River's arm and Ally decided to ignore his question.

"So we should all go to hulaween" Honey stated. Before River and Ally could respond Honey decided to tell them the theme. "It's New York Legends. I already have some costume ideas for all of us." Honey proudly revealed. "Holy shit guys some guy brought a gun to school." Ally exclaimed as she scrolled through instagram. This changed the topic of conversation from Hulaween to the days recent incident. "Wait no way for real?" Rivers mouth was dropped, literally. "Fuck then we can't go to hulaween." Honey sighed. River and Ally looked at Honey with their eyebrows furrowed which seemed to annoy her "It will seem out of touch obviously." River and Ally looked at each other and nodded, seemingly understanding the reasoning.

"I'm still gonna go." River bluntly stated. Honey opened to her mouth to most likely begin and argument but was interrupted by Max plopping down next to Ally. "Hey you guys." Max smirked. "What the fuck are you doing here?" Honey exclaimed. "Oh I haven't heard that before. My old friend group seems to be distancing themselves from me so I'm putting myself out there." Max grumbled. "Oh I wonder why" River frowned. Even though it seemed like Ally had forgotten about Max's sexual situation with Aki and Audrey, River hadn't. He was still very much frustrated at him for doing that. He remembers Ally's sobbing when she found out and he just can't forgive and forget that. What River didn't know what that Ally just didn't care. Her and Max weren't dating at the time, just flirting... occasionally.

"Hey we're gonna be late for practice!" Obie shouted. Max left the table without saying a word which seemed to piss off River even more. "What a prick" River sighed. Ally scoffed at the comment but no further words were said.

_____

Since the events of the auction Ally was keeping a secret. She suspected that Ms. Keller the English teacher was indeed Gossip Girl. She wasn't sure of course which is why she wasn't saying anything, but she also didn't mind Ms. Keller. She seemed like a decent lady, besides the possibility of her being Gossip Girl. Ally had her doubts though. It didn't make sense for Ms. Keller to risk her job like that. So Ally decided to sit on the information until she had actual evidence.

Ally decided to walk home after school, and while she was walking she got a call from River. "What if I dress up as Tom Cruise in Top Gun?" He asked. Ally laughed "Thats actually a good idea. Do it." Ally laughed. River and Ally discussed costume ideas for Ally but in the end nothing was certain.

______

Later that night was another awkward dinner. Vera and Henry tried making conversation but Claire and Ally would give one word responses and wouldn't even look at each other. "Okay what is going on?" Vera asked as she set her glass of red wine on the table. "I don't know what you're talking about" Ally replied. "You know that's a lie" Henry responded. "Your daughter made a rude comment about your son" Claire smiled.