What He Doesn't Know- chp 9

Chapter 9

On Friday night I dropped Kalie at mom's house, which she totally protested to. I really didn't want to leave her but after missing a night's worth of work I needed to make up for it.

Near the end of my night as I stepped out of a car this idiot pulled up next to me. I stood staring as my client drove off. For a few seconds the car remained stationary with the window rolled up but then it slowly came down. Sitting inside was was a woman with an arrogant smirk on her face. Well then . . .

"Hey have you and your little skank friends ever decided to take a break, you're ruining it for sophisticated people such as myself who have to drive by her every now and then." I stared at her in disbelief. Are you telling me that she stopped her car just to say that?

"Look I really don't care about what you think because not everyone can be born with a rich Daddy who took care of them from the moment they were conceived." I said with more than a hint of sarcasm.

"Cute, why don't you go crawling back to your pimp, bitch?"

"Bitch?!" She did not just go there! " Who the hell are you calling a bitch?! I'll have you know that I flie solo okay? I'm nobody's bitch." How dare she? She didn't know anything about me and yet here she was assuming! I hated the stereotype that came with my job. Just because I sold myself people automatically assumed that I was some whore who enjoyed it. It disgusted me just how shallow people's minds were.

"Oh really? Aren't you all the same?" She asked, raising an eyebrow taunting me. A few words came to my mouth immediately  but I swallowed them bitterly. She wasn't worth it, I could definitely be the bigger person and besides what would I accomplish by spreading her ass across the sidewalk?

I turned to walk away when I heard the car door open. I sighed, trouble was the last thing I wanted.

"Don't you have any manners? No one walks away from me when I'm talking to them. Do you even know who I am?"

"No and I don't care to." I responded as I began walking off.

"Whatever, it figures people like you wouldn't know upper society people like me."

It took every bone in me not to turn around. Just how important did she think she was? "Look I don't have time or you, I need two more cusomers before I can go home."

"Is that what your pimp says?"

"I don't have a freakin' pimp now go away, I already told you, I'm nobody's bitch."

I walked away quickly before she was able to make a come back. Gosh I didn't know persons like that still existed, I figured after awhile every adult grew a brain, well I guess I was wrong.

When I got home it was something after 2. After dragging myself out of the shower I threw myself on my bed and was out in seconds.Sometimes my work could be so tiring. The next morning I was awoken by a sharp banging on my door. I srambled out of bed still completely exhausted. I glanced over at my clock. Ugh 7:30, I needed sleep!

"Dana open up!"

"I'm coming already!" I shouted back, hoping my annoyance was brought across through my tone. Honestly what was Abby doing here so early. I opened the door slowly and that was when I realized that she wasn't alone. Why on earth was Kalie with her?

"Your mother called me earlier because she couldn'y get you. Apparently her and her friends are having some kind of road trip thing so she wanted you to collect Kalie."

I sighed. Guess we knew who wouldn't be winning grandmother of the year.

"Mommy is Richard here yet?" Kalie asked as she slid past me and ran into the house. She began circling the place, trying to answer her own question. I looked to Abby who now had an expression that told me I had to start explaining.