What He Doesn't Know- chp 10

Chapter 10

"The look on your faces tell me you ladies already know each other." Richard said with a light tone, breaking the silence.

"You could say that. . .  . "I said cautiously.

"Oh don't be so formal," She wrapped her arm around me, pulling with closer with a large grin, "We're pratically best gal pals." She giggled as her free hand held unto Richard's. "That reminds me we must speak about a few things, follow me into the kitchen we can have the lunch ready at the same time."

"I'd rather not." I said faking a smile.

"No don't turn her down on my account. I had no idea that you and my sister were so close. Tell you what I'll be out on the terrace with mother and we'll wait for you two to get the lucnhes." Richard said smiling at us.

"But I don't want to go into the kitchen with her." I said through my teeth, holding the smile in place.

"Come on now, we really need to catch up. I promise I won't keep you from my brother for long, the lord knows you two probably aren't use to being away from each other for too long or out of bed for that matter." Grace said as she began pulling me. I mouthed the words 'help me' right before being pulled through the arch at the entrance to the kitchen but Richard simply laughed.

Grace walked over to the stove and began searching the pots. She inhaled leisurely before turning to me.

"Well if it isn't last night's bitch."

"I am not a bitch."

"Ofcourse you are and how dare you use my brother like this! I can't believe that Richard actually slept with you after knowing exactly how you make your living- ugh, it's disgusting."

"What? Richard and I have never slept together and he doesn't even know what I do so I would thank you to keep that bit of information to yourself."

"And lie to my brother?! I don't think so!"

"Shh, keep your voice down."

"Look I'm giving you exactly one day then I'm letting him know because what you're doing is taking him for a joy ride and we don't tolerate things like that in this family."

"No you don't understand, I can't tell him he- he hates women like that and I can't lose him."

"One day." She said then she grabbed a tray with some of the lunch and left the kitchen. I grabbed the final tray and headed out behind her. When I got to the terrace Kalie was seated right between Ashley and Kelsi and the three were giggling away. How was I going to put an end to that? It looked like she finally made friends.

"Just put that over there and come take a seat." Elizabeth said gesturing for me to take a seat next to Richard.  I glanced over at Grace who was staring intently at me. I took a deep breath then took my seat. Richard wrapped his arm around me and gave me a breath taking smile, too bad I couldn't smile back. I felt sick.

"Mommy when did you get here?" Ashley asked, looking over at Grace. No way! She was a mother?! She didn't act like one.

"I came earlier today darling." She said indifferently as she gave her a share of the mash potato.

"How long are you staying?" Kelsi asked, bouncing excitedly in her seat.

"Until tomorrow." Why was she so cold towards them?

"Oh . . ." Kelsi looked down and didn't speak for the rest of the meal. From the corner of my eye I saw Richard giving her a disapproving look which she brushed off as she took a seat next to Elizabeth. Through out the meal I noticed that Grace would whisper to Elizabeth and they would both look at me.