What He Doesn't Know- chp 24

Chapter 24

---Richard's POV---

I scrutinized his ever move as he sat opposite me on the table. If I played my cards right this would be an easy win for me.

"Now let's see what kind of agreement we can come up with." He said as he leaned back in his chair leisurely.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked, keeping my tone light and, to some extent, taunting. I refused to to give him full control; it simply wasn't in my nature. I would be calm and to do this I fiddle with the camera that was on the table with eveidence of an attack. I wondered if it had a sound or simply pictures . . .More than likely only video because he said some very incriminating things and knowing that he wasn't mad it was safe to assume he planned everything in detail. Therefore, no sound.

"Well I believe that we're both grown, mature men and therefore we can come up with a compromise. So here it is. I'm willing to get rid of the tape provided you leave Dana alone. It's as simple as that. Leave her to suffer. I plan to fire her and when you leave her she'll be on her own. You have to admit she deserves it. She played us both for our money and I think that she has this coming to her." He said with a disgusting smirk. I smiled right back.

"So this is basically revenge for you?" I said with a particularly deceitful smirk of my own.

"Yup. She screwed with me and I'm going to get her back.

"Yeah, you're right, she did , didn't she. That ungrateful bitch." I would have to wash my mouth out when I got through here. I saw his face lighten. Good, now he thought I was on his side. "After all you did for her the little whore. You took her back after I left her like yesterday's garbage and she does this."

"Exactly! Hanistan I think we're finally on the same page." He said with more conviction. This would be easier than I thought.

"And you know what the worst part was? The bitch went and got pregnant for me but she wouldn't even take her socks off infront of you. You were basically shit in her eyes. Something for her to get over me. She really did use you." I raised an eyebrow tauntingly and waited for my words to sink in to his core.

"Now hold on just a minute!"

"Calm down O'Connor, I understand. She never loved you and now you're pissed. The whole time you were with her she was thinking about me. Wanting me next to her instead of you." I watched in shear pleasure as his face went red with anger.

"What?!"

I chuckled cynnically. "I wouldn't be surprized if while you were having your little fun she was picturing me to make it easier. I mean you did say she never screamed or tried pushing you off. Who knows, fantasies are very powerful forces." I added a smirk at the end of my sentence just to piss him off to the right extent.

He rose from his chair instantly. "Shut up!" He ordered.

"Let's face it. You were always insecure when it came to me. I can't say I blame you. I have the looks, the money and the woman you wanted. It's only natural for you to feel the way you do-"

"You bastard!" He shouted as he punched me in the face. I straightened myself  and chuckled. This was definitely too easy. His eyes burned with rage as he watched me taunting him. "Stop laughing at me!" He swung again and I allowed this one to get me again. Now I could taste blood and I was no longer chuckling though now I had a sinister smirk. "What are you smirking about?" He asked with a dark expression in his eyes.

"You see that camera right there on the table, you know the one I've been toggling with for the longest while? Well I might have accidentally set it to record and- oh dear," I said now picking up the camera and pressing play back, before holding it out so he could see. "Tsk tsk, that temper of yours might just be your pit fall. Wait until headline news get a look at this one." I looked up at him with more than a hint of contempt and sarcasm. "Hey here's a thought, let's both drop our clips down at the news room. I don't know if they'll be able to tell whether we're drunk or just messing around."  He grabbed for the camera but I pulled it back instantly. "Uh uh uh, that's not how things work. Now as you said we are both mature men so we can indeed work on a compromise. You leave Dana alone and we can pretend none of this happened and act like we've never met each other before in our lives. And yes I would appreciate it if you fired her because I don't want her around you anymore than you want her around me."

He gave me a defiant look. "What makes you think that I'd agree to that?"

"Because the last I checked this building belongs to me and having you evicted would be a rather small task requiring little paper work." I said triumphantly.

"I can easily rent another building."

"Good luck finding one that doesn't have the Hanistan seal of ownership." I scoffed. "Though you can always leave town, free up the air if you know what I mean."

He glowered at me but I was much more of a gentleman so I smiled in response. He continued staring at me obviously speechless. Well I guess it was safe to assume that this meeting was over. I rose and stretched my hand to shake his. "It was a pleasure doing business with you."

"Get out."

"As you wish." Holding the camera I made my way quite leisurely out of the office. As I was about to close the door behind me I heard him begin to make a call. I must say I couldn't care less about who he was calling as long as he was cancelling whatever plan he had to slander Dana. The nerve of that guy.

I got into my car and pulled out onto the road. As I did I noticed a car pull out behind me. Being the type of person I was I didn't believe in coincidences. I headed onto the main road and so did the other car. Okay . . . time for the test. I swerved to the right and the car followed to the right. I sped up and so did the car. Hm . . . I watched the car from my side mirror as it changed to meet the changes in mine. I almost didn't realize when I had gotten on the highway. Glancing from my side mirror to my rear view mirror I saw the car speed up. What the hell?! Soon it was next to me and  the driver took a sharp left, ramming me into the side railings. I tried stopping but his car was now pulling mine.

I tried backing him off by swerving into him but he just stepped harder on the gas. This was definitely O'Connor's doing. Suddenly he eased off my car. I looked forward to see why and saw a road partition. I tried swerving out of the way and ended up in the tail pipe of someone else's car. That car skidded to a stop but just then another rammed into the back of mine. That sent us all hurdling futher down until we were one big jam.

There was something warm running between my eyes and there was pressure being applied to my back and legs. I couldn't turn in any direction in particular but looking forward I watched, as the scenery got more blurry, the son of a bitch speeding up the road as if nothing happened. Damn it! I tried moving my hands but I could scarcely feel them and there was hardly enough room for me to move. This wouldn't end silently . . .

---Dana's POV---

It was getting late and Richard still hadn't come back. Now I was definitely getting worried. What if they got into some kind of fight or something. Just then Kalie ran past me and jumped unto the couch that was by the window that directly overlooked the drive way. I looked up at her curiously.

"Auntie Grace is hear!" She screamed. "And she brought Kelsi and Ashley! Come look mommy!" She said with great excitement. I got up, walked over to the couch and watched as Grace closed the doors of her car while both Ashley and Kelsi bolted for the door. Kalie jumped from the couch and ran to the door. It was so nice to see her excited about people. She actually found friends she could enjoy.

There was something on Grace's face that told me she wasn't hear for a friendly vist. Wait . . .was she crying!? Her face was stained and her make up was running. I watched, with a sinking feeling as she stopped and leaned against her car for support. She looked like she had burst into fresh tears. Now I definitely knew that something was wrong. Was something wrong with Richard?! I wished she would come inside and just tell me. This all reminded me so much of that day so many summers ago when I got the news about Charlie.

Tears began welling in my eyes and I didn't even know what was wrong. He had to be alright, he just had to be. I loved him and we were finally going to be together again.

Kalie flung open the door and I could hear the rushed foot steps as Ashley and Kelsi ran in.

"What are you guys doing here?" Kalie asked.

"You won't believe it!" Kelsi said, animatedly.

"What, what?!" Kalie asked.

"Uncle Richie's dead!"

NO!