episode two(2)

Halima's POV

"Zahra,zahraa, what are you doing in the room at this hour? Jamila is waiting for you, can't you get it? You're very irresponsible," I called zahra in a haste preparing to scold her. I managed to opened the door which was not locked but I couldn't find anyone. As I was leaving, I saw the window opened, I looked through the window saw small dots of blood all over the floor.

"Bloooood!" I shouted....."honey, honey please come it's urgent," I called my husband to show him what was infront of me. I was afraid that he wouldn't take it seriously so I ran straight to him and called him again. As I was going, I met with him at the corridor.

"Baeb what's wrong? You're shouting as if...." I cut him short and dragged him towards zahra's window, I showed him the blood and he looked surprised too.

"I wonder who got injured at this early morning but I'm sure the person might be suffering a lot. do you know?" He asked
"No dear, I guess we should check the camera footage" I answered.

"You're very smart, I didn't even think of that," he complimented.
We rushed to the room to check the footage, but we couldn't believe our eyes. Guess what? It was my so called daughter, zahra, trying to escape from my punishment and all she could think of, was to jump through the window. I sometimes wonder whether she has a brain or not but nonetheless it was meant to happen.

"I never knew Zahra was capable of doing such, we need to take actions this time because she has crossed all her limits" he yelled.
"Hey calm down sweetie, remember, no matter what happens, she is still our daughter and we will solve the matter when she comes back, for now, allow me to handle everything OK," I said
He looked at me with a sad face and left, I felt his sadness so I tried calling zahra's principal to check on her.

"Asalamualaikum Mr kah, I'm the mother zahra bint Abdullah of grade ten Arts.
May I have a word with her please?
"Waalaikumsalam Mrs halima, please call me back in two minutes, I will call her teacher to check on her"....."OK Mr principal" I said

I hang up and waited for two minutes before calling back to ask but the principal said zahra hasn't arrived yet, I became very angry so I wore my clothes, took the car keys and drove to the school. I reached the school and went directly to the principal's office.
As I entered, I saw Mrs faal talking to the principal complaining about zahra's failure.

"She has changed alot Mr kah, I don't know what to do to get back the zahra I knew before," Said Mrs faal.

"OK lets do this, check her book today, if she has failed to do the work, I will suspend her today....." Mrs faal agreed and headed to her class. we bumped on each other at the entrance but we just exchanged glances without saying anything, she left and I entered inside the office.

"Well who do we have here?" Said Mr kah.
"Asalamualaikum Mr kah, how're you doing?"

"Waalaikumsalam, I'm good alhamdullilah have a seat please. Your daughter arrived at the school some minutes ago, I will call her when the bell goes.....I wanted to call you to talk about zahra's homework and now that you are here, lets talk about it. Your daughter has not been doing her assignments through out this week. I don't know why, is she alright?" Mr kah enquired.

"Yes she is, I don't even understand what you are talking about please tell me this is not true"

"Unfortunately it is and the worst part of it is that if she fails to do her assignment today, she will go for detention or suspension for one week." Mr kah added.

"This has rendered me speechless, she will meet me here," I hissed in a non-audible tone......"Cling Cling" the bell rang . It was time for the first lesson.
I called Mrs faal using the principal's phone. She passed the phone to zahra and before I could talk, I had her crying. I felt bad but I believe that I should do the right thing so that she can learn from her mistakes.

"Zahra i'm in your school campus. come to the principal's office, I'm waiting and let me not call you again because if I do it's going to be a different case," I yelled not minding the principal's presence.

I waited for about four minutes before she knocked on the door. I opened it and frowned to show my disappointment.

Zahra's POV

I sat at the principal's office, frozen. My mom and Mr kah talked for about twenty minutes, I kept staring at the principal, meditating on what punishment he will give me. I was very scared at first but after some time it seems like my mom's anger disappeared. She asked me about my wounds and told me not to lie because she knew everything. I cried so hard when she asked because the guilt was all over me, I couldn't bare it.

"Tell me zahra, what happened?" She asked.
"Mom i'm sorry, I am really sorry please forgive me, I can't understand myself either but I promise, I will try my best to change," I answered.

She said ok and left, I was very surprised. I ran and followed her. By the time she saw me, she was already at the car. "Mom" I screamed, she gleamed and stopped.
I hugged her and asked her about the punishment I was going to receive.

"Zahra, we can talk about it at home, for now, get inside we have to go." She answered in a dismissive manner.

"OK mom" I replied, I entered in the car, turned on the Air condition, switch the radio on to calm my nerves, luckily I tuned in the right station. Guess what? It was mufti menk talking, my favourite scholar, he was talking about the virtue of sabr which means patience. I became relieved after listening to it, we were about to reach home when my mom gave me some pieces of advices and I paid complete heed.

***

"Don't be scared I'm here with you," she tried to calm me down as we alighted from the car.
"Cling Cling Cling" I rang the door bell and dad opened it, we said our greetings and dad greeted us back. He left immediately he saw my face. I got more scared than before, I held mom's hand tightly and walked in.

"He is not ok with your behavior zahra, go to your room. I will talk to your father later," she said

"Thanks mom" I smiled......I ran to my room, close the door and the window, put on earpiece and started listening to the quran, it was awesome! I slept for the fifth time and I couldn't remember the last time I felt asleep my phone alarm woke me up.

"Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar".......it was the alarm for fajr salah, I woke up and recite the dua, "Alhamdullilahil ladhii ahyana ba'ada maa amatana wa ilaylinusoor".
I went to the tap to perform ablution and got back to my room, prayed and made some duas. After prayer, I sat on the bed and heard some knocks on the door. I opened it and standing infront of me was my father, looking directly in my eyes, I almost chocked for no reason.

Khaddija bint uthman (haddy Nyang)✍

Please comment 🙏
Vote
And follow 😉