Episode 18

8 months later

zahra's POV
Being too busy with chores, I told jamal to help the children pack their luggages. They've finally agreed to attend madrasa but obviously with conditions attached, that the entire Amir family should visit them every month which dad blindly agree to even though I said no because I feel like they will get distracted and all that but nevertheless it's non of my business.

Abdul Hamid just arrived from school smiling until I ask him to help me cook dinner today even though it's not his turn but I just needed his help because tomorrow I'm having finals plus the last and the hardest paper too.

I really can't believe that in next two months I will be attending  uni, I hope and pray that I get the university that I'm planning to apply to and I'm also having 16 in the following month which I'm grateful for, at least I'm alive and healthy. duhhh!!

"Samira can you let Jamal know that you're set?" I shouted through my lungs for samira to hear.
"where's Amir? is he set?" I asked.
"yess zahraaa just give me two minutes, Amir wants to pack some shoes," she yelled back. These kids are impossible. I knew they where up to something.
I got up from the seat and walked upstairs to Amir's room only to find him packing brownies, chocolates and his beautiful brand new shoes, even though I had packed everything last night.
"Amir u okay?" I couldn't comprehend so I have to ask. like is he going to the madrasa or for fashion show? I'm confused.
"uhmmm yeahhhh I guesszzz! why?" he was also confused with my question.
"listen baby," I kneel down to his level.
"I know all of these belongings are yours and I know you wanna take them all along but I would advise you to just live some here please" I don't wanna be hard on him or to make him feel like he can't have control of his belongings but I'm just helping to show him what's right.
"it's okay if you don't wanna do as I say cuz it's all yours and I love you both either ways" I just wanna let them know before they leave.
"it's okay sis don't remind me of mummy please, I love you too. I will do as you said," he pout almost crying.
"why sweetheart? don't cry" I embraced him in a hug while asking.
"because..cuz you're talking just like mom and I miss her," he embraced me more crying his heart out.
"I miss her too Amir don't say that akhi," Samira also joined the hug crying. I wipped both their tears and give them words of encouragement that they should be strong and pray for mom at least they have a dad alive, some don't know what it feels to have or live with a parent. we should definitely be grateful to our Rabb.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
since I was born I have never written an exam hotter than today's paper. SubhanAllah! my heart was filled with regret but I couldn't do anything about it as I was already in the exams hall. I wish I haven't chosen this stupid subject as my major. it's gonna destroy my entire G.P.A because I know I haven't written anything serious in my paperwork. It's better not to think about engineering anymore because I needed the physics that almost get me to the hospital today and I'm sure I've not done anything serious to deserve an excellent mark.

Jamila inform that she's taking me out today to free up my mind and have fun since I am done with finals. I did the same when she was done with her paper even though I was still on exams but u know, we value each other.
"zahra come out, I'm not getting inside it's gonna be late," she called from downstairs. I took my purse and rush downstairs with my flatters.
As I took my last step coming down from the stairs, I saw Jamila and baraka sitting in the dinning room waiting patiently.
"You did not tell me she was coming," I smiled working towards them.
"it was supposed to be a surprise," she gets up from the seat. Baraka walk towards me and embraced me in a hug.
" I missed you sis," It has been a month I don't lay my eyes on her.
"I miss you too, how was exams?" She asked pinching my cheaks. I laughed looking directly at her.

She was wearing a lose casual  dark blue abaya with a black veil and I was wearing the opposite, a dark blue veil with black abaya. Jamila also wore some casual clothes, a lose dark green dress with a white veil that matches her shoes. She looks really pretty.
"let's go" I said and we all matched towards the main door.

♥♥♥♥♥

khalid's POV
"Ya akhi why are you doing this to yourself?" hasan enters my room sitting beside me on the bed patting my soldier. I was able to sense his presence since but I kept quiet. He was there standing at the door even when I was trying to hold the tears back.
"what?" I asked being clueless of what his talking about.
"why don't you just let things be as it is you're hurting yourself too much ya akhi," my brother tries to calm my nerves down.
"but I love her first, it's not fair," I said almost crying.
"nothing is fair in this world, it's a test. we will get all what we deserve in judgement day," he advice trying to remind me about Islam.
"but hasan..," I cut him short and embraced him in a bro hug because I Know he needed it. He doesn't easily show emotions.
"shuhhhhshh," I pat his back.
"come on calm down, just pray to Allah. what's yours will finally come to you," I said more of reminding him about life. I released him from the hug and started scanning his face. He looks normal but I feel like deep inside he is hurting. who wouldn't be? it's his first love that he has to let go.
"Make a lot of duas and also do listen to mom's advice. zahra is not the only girl in the world. Jamila is nice and kind too," I said getting up from the bed.
"It wouldn't hurt if you try giving her a chance and besides you are just 18 there's a long way to go," I said and politely walk away not waiting for his response.

♥♥♥♥♥
The sound of the wave occupying all my hearing and it's beautiful nature get to catch my eyesight. I couldn't let any minute past without looking at the sea uttering SubhanAllah. Indeed our lord is great.
After admiring the sea and thinking about how great Allah is, I went back to where Jamila and baraka sat. We chitchat about random things and it was really fun until I reach to the extent of asking about what happened between my brother and baraka, I regretted my actions immediately because baraka's face was turning blue black.
"nothing Phatimah, it's just that I can't understand your brother," she said.
"what do you mean by that," we asked in unison opening both our eyes and ears.
"He's pushing me away," she said.
"I thought he still loves me and that's why I come back to make it halal because that's what my brother said but he was wrong. Jamal is a whole different person now," she explains almost crying but I was also shocked to hear that from her.
"be patient ya ukhti," I said holding her hand.
"I've been patient for a long time maybe we where never meant to be," she buried her head on jamila's shoulder.
"but he still loves you," I said and her eyes widen.

Peace ✌️

Please don't forget to vote.

Khadija uthman ✍️