Convergence

Welcome back to The Water Alchemist. I don't own any of the intellectual property of Fullmetal Alchemist.

Chapter Fifty-Two

Convergence

***

Mustang fired another round of flames at the soldiers, hearing their retreat, though he wasn't too mystified by it. It was becoming clear that they were severely outnumbered, and out of ammo without his flames. Just as he was about to fire another shot, an ice cream truck came screeching down the street, just barely making the turn without tipping over. Mustang watched in bewilderment a moment as it stopped right in front of them, lending them some much-needed cover. The back door popped open, and a familiar brunette popped her head out the back, waving enthusiastically.

"Yoo-hoo! Riza!"

"It's about time, Rebecca," his Lieutenant scolded, to which Rebecca replied sheepishly.

"I know, sorry, but I think you'll find it was worth the wait," she said, disappearing back into the truck a moment. "I've got all sorts of goodies." The silly illustration of a bear holding ice cream split in two as the van opened up to reveal an arsenal of weaponry, and excited shouts erupted from the chorus of Mustangs men as Rebecca began to encourage them to sample the goods. The front door of the driver side of the cab opened in front of Mustang, and Breda and Mustang coughed on the sting of smoke that wafted out.

"Good to see you, Havoc," Mustang huffed a laugh, noting a figure behind him.

"You too, Colonel. You know, you should send me on assignments involving pretty women more often," he remarked, grinning as the ash of the burning cigarette in his mouth fell out onto the street.

"Like I said before, no money, no honey!" Rebecca called, clearly overhearing his subordinate.

"Oh, come on! When I get promoted, I'll have plenty of dough!" Havoc called back indignantly. Mustang sighed; the man sure had his vices. You'd think he'd learn after his last girlfriend tried to kill him.

"In your dreams," she huffed, and Havoc sighed.

"Well, can't woo 'em all," he shrugged. "Which reminds me..." Havoc sprung forward, allowing the passenger behind him to reach over, handing Mustang a gun.

"Here you go," they said.

"Oh, thank you," Mustang replied politely.

"It's good to see you, Colonel. It's been a long time, huh?" they asked, and Mustang furrowed his brow, a bit puzzled. His bewilderment faded as she removed the hood covering her face, smiling brightly at him with a salute. "Second Lieutenant Maria Ross, returning to active duty without permission, Sir."

Mustang was about to respond, surprise written all over his face, but a loud bang erupted from the stairwell just behind them, and Havoc jumped down from the van, moving to urge everyone inside. With everyone in and secured, as well as another smoke bomb courtesy of Rebecca, they pulled her into the back, and Ross tore off through the enemy forces.

"I didn't know you were involved in this, not that I'm complaining," Mustang quickly remedied, sitting between Ross and Hawkeye. "But I do have to ask; where did you procure all these weapons? And who gave them to you?"

"That would be thanks to Moi," Havoc said, cheekily, through the small peep-hole that opened to the cabin behind them. "Over 80 years in business, we offer everything you could possibly need— from underwear to arms, and we're just a phone call away. Havocs, your neighborhood general store. Though, I had a little help."