10

This chapter is not meant for the weak :(

————

"Kitty boy! I'm home! You ready to go?"

Minho looked around their apartment and seen it was spotless. Felix being very active now a days and wanting to be more productive with the house work.

"Kitty boy?" Minho repeats as he walked down the hall. He seen the bathroom door shut but the light shine from underneath the crack.

Minho knocks lightly before opening the door and stepping inside.

Felix stood at the mirror and was brushing his hair. Soonie and Doongie on the counter by his sides.

"I want to write you a song." Felix sings quietly as he brushed his hair with soft strokes. 

"Kitty boy, you ready?" Minho smiles at him.

Felix looked at him through the mirror and nods happily.

"Come on." Felix smiles at the two cats who follow him out the door.

Minho grabs the basket they had packed as Felix grabbed the cats crate and got them inside.

"Let's do this." Minho says as Felix looks at him. The cat outstretching his hand for Minho.

Minho taking it before they left out the door. Leaving the apartment and walking off campus.

The two taking a short walk. Hand in hand. Letting the city around them do the talking for them.

They arrived at their destination and made their way inside. Finding their spot to lay out their picnic.

Minho sitting the basket down and pulling out the blanket to lay on the grass. Felix sitting down on top of it before opening the crate and letting the cats get out. The two stretching their legs before laying by Felix's side.

Minho taking a deep breathe before sitting down by Felix. His eyes clenched shut as he felt Felix squeeze his hand in comfort.

"It's okay. Open your eyes." Felix whispered.

Minho slowly opens his eyes to look through watery vision to look at the grave in front of him.

"Hi Hyunjin."

Minho softly sighs at the worn down grave that had his old lovers name on it.

"Kitty boy, meet Hyunjin." Minho sniffles as he looks at Felix with a sad smile.

Felix looks at the grave and read the words engraved on it.

Hwang Hyunjin
March 20th 2000 - October 29th 2019
Son, Friend, and Lover.

Felix noticing the three little sets of paw prints by his name. He sighs as he looks around and nods when he finds a flower nearby. He plucks it before laying it down by the grave.

"It's nice to meet you Hyunjin." Felix whispered with a smiles

"He would have loved you." Minho weakly laughs as he rubs his nose.

Soonie and Doongie getting up to walk closer to the grave. Sniffling it before they both laid down.

"It's okay to cry." Felix reassures making Minho shake his head.

"No. I'm fine. I'll be okay." Minho nods reassuringly.

"Why don't we eat?" Felix suggested as he started pulling out the food. Minho chuckles again as he takes the food.

"Kitty boy, I don't know what I would have done without you." Minho opens his container of leftovers they had saved for today.

"What do you mean?" Felix takes a bite of his food.

"I was in a real dark place when I met you. I didn't go out unless I absolutely needed too. I never talk to anyone but my cats. I was a shell of my former self. Then you came along and it was like a light shine itself upon me." Minho explains.

"Min, I could say the same. When I first made my way over here, I was alone and scared. I didn't know anything. I didn't know how I made it so far. I came onto campus to find Sungie and Channie when those guys started messing with me. I was afraid but then you came along. Like my knight in shining armor. I never met someone as caring as you. Sure, I knew Sungie and Channie but I had never met them. You just seen me and instantly felt like you had to take care of me. You were the first actual person to ever treat me with bit of respect." Felix rambles on. Not noticing how Minho just stared at him with a loving gaze.

"I'm utterly grateful for you." Felix nods.

"Same here." Minho nods too making Felix giggle.

"Do you think we would have ever met if you didn't stop and help me?" Felix asked.

Minho sits his container down as he says, "Jisung told me that Hyunjin probably knew I was going to lose Dori so he sent you along my way. The more I think about, I agree. A new kitty to take care of."

"You believe we weren't meant to meet?"

"I believe that every cat owner loves to take care of another cat."

————

The two had finished up their picnic. The sun about to set and they were packing up to leave.

As Felix was getting the cats back into the crate, Minho was staring at Hyunjin's grave.

"I'll give you minute. I'll be by the gate." Felix kisses his cheek before walking off.

Minho waited till he was out of sight before looking back at the grave.

"What do you think of him? Did you make the right choice?" Minho chuckles.

"I think you did. He's amazing. You really would have loved him." Minho crouched down and moves some grass from in front of the grave.

"I'll make sure to visit more. I promise. I know I didn't have an excuse before but I do have a lot to take care of now." Minho admits before sighing.

"You don't have to keep visiting me. I get that I should move on. Be happy with Felix. There is just little bit in me that consists on keeping you in the spotlight." Minho says as he felt his eyes acting up again.

Minho stands as he gives two fingers a kiss and presses it to the top of the gravestone.

"Take care, baby." Minho mumbles before he turn to start walking away.

As he did, something was telling him to look back.

There he was. Leaning against his grave with the flower that Felix had picked. A meow coming from behind the grave before a familiar kitty came around front to sit by his feet.

"Take care of our new kitty."

The image disappearing after those words making Minho let out a shaky breathe. Looking away from the grave to look at the gate. Felix was leaning against it with the crate in his arms. He could see the cat talking to the pair through the bars.

Minho smiles before he started walking again. Waving his arm to get the cat's attention. It did as Felix looked up.

"Hey kitty boy! Kitty boy!"

————