1.5

Three years later

k a y l e i g h

"Happy birthday, Kayleigh!" My friends cheered as we all knocked glasses and laughed.

"How does it feel being 20?" Cleo asked me. She smiled and sipped her drink.

"Same as any other age really." I laughed and drank more of mine. "Just another year being alone."

"What do you mean, alone?" Zach asked and kissed my cheek. He makes me melt.

"You know, everyone is getting older and having babies and I'm here... Drinking until early hours in the morning." I said and drank more. "And I wouldn't have it any other way."

Taylor walked in with her big ass bump and her husband by her side. It's crazy to see Taylor like this. She's so different too. Ever since she married a lawyer and got pregnant, she's more well behaved and it's a big change. But I think she likes herself a lot more now and that's all that matters really.

Zach held my hand, I've always wanted a baby and I think he knows that. Cleo gave me a hug before she stumbled off home with Tony. My other friends all left without a goodbye. Taylor walked over to me and gave me a gift. I smiled and hugged her. Zach put his arms around me gave me a hug then went off to talk to Scott, Taylor's husband.

"How is baby Alfie?" I asked and put a hand on her bump. She just smiled and told me that she was going in for a stretch and sweep. Which was basically an early birth where they will use forceps to open her up and get the baby. Should be painful.

Taylor answered her phone and then shouted for Scott. She got her stuff together and then kissed my cheek.

"The babysitter has to rush off, something happened, we have to get back to Kira, I'll see you later." Taylor said and left. It was hard losing my best friend, but we all have to grow up sooner or later. I'm choosing later.

Zach locked the front doors to our house and sat next to me, taking the drink out my hand and putting it down.

"We should get a rabbit." He said and I laid my head down in his lap. "Only of you want to." He laughed.

"Let's get a rabbit." I laughed and he planted a kiss on my lips. I closed my eyes and curled up on him. He stroked my hair.

"Did you have a nice birthday?" He asked and I nodded. "Well, get up, it's about to get better." I sat up and watched him. He went into the kitchen and then brought out a little box. "I was waiting for everyone to go."

"Zach?" I said with a big smile on my face as he got down on one knee. Tears where falling out my eyes. This was perfect, we had 'Never Stop' by Safetysuit playing in the background.

"I will never trying, I will never stop watching as you leave, I will never stop losing my breath, every time I see you looking back at me." He sang as he stared into my eyes. He had a great singing voice. "Kayleigh Anna Monroe, would you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" He asked. I stood up and walked over to him as I nodded, unable to get my words out. He put the ring on my finger and kissed me.

"I love you, Kayleigh." He said and kissed me again. He rested his forehead against mine. The song finished but we carried on dancing.

"I love you, too." I said and closed my eyes. He picked me up bridal style and carried me to bed, laying me down and holding me. "You make me so happy." I said as I closed my eyes. I love Zach so much.

»«

"Wake up, sleepy head." Zach said, handing me some breakfast. I smiled. He had apple juice, toast on one plate and a cute little flower. I drank my juice and he left the room.