0.6

k a y l e i g h

The end of the day. The time I should be going home instead of going to a teachers house. Especially since that stuff haven't yesterday, but Ashton helped me last night and told me there was nothing to worry about it. Mr Irwin ignored me all today and maybe he regrets it. It doesn't matter. So he should. It was wrong.

"Kayleigh!" Mr Irwin said and told me to follow him. I followed him out the school and sat in the car. He stayed quiet.

"So...?" I asked.

"This is nothing more than a teacher teaching a student." He said.

"Why are you being a dick?" I asked.

"If I may recall. 'You don't like me'!" He said and I felt bad. I actually didn't mean to send that message, I was hovering over the button and shouting things at the screen as it was him and Mum walked in and scared me and it made me press send. She thought I was going cracked because I was shouting a lot of swear words.

"I didn't mean to send it." I said honestly.

"Makes no difference, you still wrote it, which means you do feel like." He said.

"Can you not just take me home?" I asked not wanting to see him being such a baby over this.

"We're not going until your D grades go up to a B, Monroe!" He said.

"Ok, Irwin" I smirked mimicking what he he said to me.

"So... " He smiled and parked on the driveway. I got out and stood by his door when he opened it. I walked in and sat down, he offered me a drink and told me he had orange juice, but I was allergic to oranges.

"Well, water it is." He said and put two glasses of water out on the table. He sat down and put me on this online site to do some work that marked it.

"When you're finished press done and it'll give you your score, it's got about thirty questions." He said and I nodded, I put my feet up on the table and started on the questions.

»«

"Done... " I said and yawned. I put the laptop down and looked at my score.

"What did you get?" He asked.

"Twenty four out of thirty" I smiled happily. He went to give me a hug but just held up his hand. I gave him a high five.

"Do I go home now?" I asked..

"Well, I umm, going to order a pizza... If you—" He said looking at the ground and rubbing the back of his neck.

"I really have to go home." I said, I felt pretty guilty.

"No.. No.. Of course, do you want me to take you?" I asked.

"I prefer to walk.. But thank you." I said and he nodded. I walked out the front door and started my journey home.

Ashton: How was tutor lesson?

Me: Awkward...

Ashton: Oh...

I wondered how Ashton knew I had finished now, because I had finished half an hour early. I rolled onto my street and up to my house. I opened the door and walked in. I sat with my Dad for a while.

"How was the tutor session?" He asked.

"Boring." I said.

"Figured." He smiled and ruffled my hair. "Don't worry Bud, it'll get better."

"Hopefully." I whispered.

"Where's Mum?" I asked.

"She got called into work." He said. "She had to take Granny Cakes with her because of our constant bickering, i'll tell you something, I'm glad of the peace, Kid." He said and cracked open a can of Budweiser. I smiled as he gave me a sip. Fucking disgusting.

Ashton: How is everything?

Me: Do you like the taste of Budweiser?

Ashton: I don't mind it. 15 ;).

Me: Oh, hush. Haha!

Ashton: You know you love me.

Me: In a weird kind of way, yes, I do ;)

Ashton: You're cute, can I ask something?

Me: 17. And yes:3

Ashton: if you're 21 why are you having tutoring classes?

Me: I... I'm going to bed, night.

Ashton: Ok? Night.

I put the phone down. I don't actually know what possessed me to give him my cousins name and a fake age. We'll never meet so why does it matter? I gave my dad a hug and took Harry upstairs to put him in bed. Harry being a child he wanted to sit in my room with me.

Harry sat on the floor and played with the train set he carried upstairs. Harry can talk, he's actually very good at talking.

"Kayleigh?" He asked.

"Yes?"

"I'm tired, can I sleep?" He asked me.

"Of course, Pumpkin, I'll take you to bed." I said and he started to shake his head.

"Sleep with you." He said and nodded. I opened my arms and he came running over to me jumping in my arms. I placed him on the bed and told him to close his eyes. I ran my hands in his little curls.

"Love you." He said and sucked on his thumb, curled up in a ball in my double bed.

"Love you too, Pumpkin." I said and kissed his little forehead.

Me: Dad, Harry is sleeping with me. Night.

Ashton: I'm not your dad.. Thought you where already asleep?

Me: This is your imagination, go back to sleep.

Ashton: Night Diana.

Me: Dad, Harry is sleeping with me. Night.

Ashton: Still me...

I give up and shouted downstairs that Harry was sleeping in my bed. I quickly got in my pyjamas and turned the TV on. Family Guy was on which means it must be late. I lay down and harry turned over, cuddling me.

"Love you, Pumpkin." I said and curled up next to him. He made cute little snores.