• 𝟬𝟲 •

𖣔۞𖣔

✯ • 𖣔 • ⌘ •                      ۞                      • ⌘ • 𖣔 • ✯

𖣔۞𖣔

When the Smallville firefighters arrived they put out Lois's car in a matter of a few minutes. In those few minutes Rachel took the opportunity to sneak out with Corvus in her arms without detections. Last thing she wanted was Kyle to see her and inform her mother where she was.

Walking home was one thing Rachel liked doing alone. Or with Corvus only. The trees in the dark didn't scare her, it was the opposite, actually they calmed her.

Spotting her house Rachel quietly opened the door to her home and slowly crept inside making sure to avoid the creaking floor boards.

A silhouette caught her eyes in a kitchen making Rachel stop dead on the first step of the stairs. Taking a closer look Rachel noticed it was her mother sitting on the kitchen table with her head resting on her hands.

Papers scattered the table and Rachel had a pretty good idea what they were,.. payment bills.

As the days went by her mother had it harder making money. Even with her two jobs, her day job at the clinic and her night job at the hospital, it was still hard to make enough money. It was the primary reason why Rachel worked for the gazette.

The job at the smallville gazette made Rachel some money, money she used when didn't want to ask her mother for something.

As much as Rachel fought with her mother, the last thing she wanted was to waste the money she had worked hard for.

Waves of emotions waved off of her mother as she wiped her tears. Her mother felt so many negative emotions at the moment it was hard to tell which was which. That was until an emotion she felt pulled the string of realization..

The emotion of Defeat.

An emotion Rachel knew all too well.

It made Rachel frown that at this moment her mother felt so defeated.

Shaking off the frown on her face, Rachel made her way to the room without making a noise.
Closing the door to her room she let out a breath, thinking about her mother's situation for a moment. It made Rachel sad that her mother was drowning herself in the situation.

"Good night Corvus," Rachel whispered as he flew to the night stand. Corvus let out a delayed 'gurgling croak' cuddling in his pillow and instantly falling to sleep.

Changing into more comfortable clothes Rachel jumped in her bed with her phone in her hands.