• 𝟬𝟭 •

𖣔۞𖣔

✯ • 𖣔 • ⌘ •                      ۞                      • ⌘ • 𖣔 • ✯

𖣔۞𖣔

𝗪𝗛𝗘𝗡 𝗥𝗔𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗟 woke up the next day she was in a cold and dark place she called her room. The clock on her night stand read past seven the next day. She was grateful that her mother didn't wake her up earlier for school.

Looking around the room her thoughts wandered to the possibility of Martha's death being a nightmare that only existed in her head. Her thoughts were interrupted with a soft 'knock' heard on the other side of her bedroom door.

The door opened and in walked her mother with an unreadable face. Rachel didn't pay much attention to the expression on her face because her eyes caught sight of what she was wearing.

Arella stood tall wearing all black reminding Rachel that yesterday wasn't a nightmare.

"Martha's funeral will be starting in a few minutes" Arella started, "you don't have to attend if you don't want-" "I want to" Rachel interrupted her. Arella nodded before heading out of her daughter's room, leaving her with only her mind to keep her company.

~

The funeral was being held in Smallville's old cemetery. The beginning of the service was plain to Rachel, to plain than what Martha deserved in her opinion. What brought a sad smile to Rachel's face was the thought that Martha was going to be buried next to her deceased husband.

Upon arriving, Rachel quickly caught sight of Martha's son Clark along with his wife and twins. The more she eyed them though the more she would notice the pained face Clark had.

Rachel's sight turned to the twins standing side by side to the right of their dad. She scanned their faces for any kind of sadness or pain but she didn't find any. They were good at keeping it from showing in their faces but they weren't good at hiding it inside. Rachel could feel the sadness and pain inside of them, more coming from the black haired boy.

From what Rachel was told Jonathan was good at playing foot while Jordan was the kind of boy with anxiety issues that stuck out.

As many times as Rachel would deny she couldn't help but stare at the backs of the twins. Jordan's to be specific. She could feel her powers trying to reach out to him, and she didn't know why.

A hand was placed on her shoulder snapping her out of the trance. Her mother squeezed her daughter's shoulder telling her it was time to go back home.