XVI

A/N:

This chapter was originally (like way back when I started planning the plot) meant to be connected as an ending to the previous one. Besides the fact that I wasn't able to write this all in time for the previous update, it would have made one hella long chapter (it still is) and I wanted to split it up since...

*drum roll*

THIS IS THE CHAPTER YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR!! (I think? I hope?)

Yes! It's here, it's happening, and I hope this will forgive me all my wrong-doings and that you will all be happy with the results of what I had to put us all through to get here. And the best part? The story is still not done after this! :D

The soundtrack for this chapter, and an important catalyst of emotion for me while writing it, is "Shake It Out" by Florence and the Machine. I strongly recommend you all to listen to that while reading!

But perhaps most exciting of all is the video that I've linked in the sidebar: the Escort original song by KitKatTaylor (aka troyeoakdizzle)!! Kat is an amazing singer and songwriter that I'm sure you've all heard of, and I am beyond flattered that she's done this story the incredible honor of having its own song! It is the biggest compliment I've ever received :') I love you so much, Kat, and I will never be able to thank you enough for this <3

Now sit back, relax, and please do enjoy this chapter, my loves <3 (oh and Marco? This one's for you, ystäväni ;D)

*gently sets chapter down*

*braces for impact*

-

The sensation of falling backwards brought Troye back to awareness and he groaned weakly as he felt his back sink into soft cushions.

"There we go," a voice whispered from somewhere above him as arms slipped out from under his shoulders and knees. "That's better."

Blinking his heavy eyelids open a tiny bit, Troye tried to lift his head and saw David's blurry face hover in front of him in the dim light of his living room. How did he get there?

"What's -?" He stopped short when the movement of his head made the room sway, and the sharp contraction of his stomach told him that he was dangerously close to emptying the contents of his stomach. With a whimper, Troye let his head fall back again, closed his eyes, and swallowed repeatedly as bile burned his throat.

"No no, don't move," David hushed him and placed his palm on top of Troye's forehead, which was damp with perspiration. "Better stay put until you feel better."

Troye rolled his head to the side and brought his arm up to push David's hand away. It landed on his shoulder instead, and Troye didn't have the energy to try to remove it again. He tried to collect the jumble in his spinning head but couldn't for the life of him remember how or why he'd ended up lying on his couch. All he could recall was being close to vomiting, followed by an indistinguishable pain and then darkness.

"How'd you get the door open?" Troye asked quietly, noticing how dry his mouth was.

David giggled from his seat on the edge of the cushion by Troye's middle. Troye wondered sluggishly if he'd said something funny, and he braved opening his eyes again to frown in question at David.

"I got the keys out of your pocket, silly. You blacked out for a minute there after your ex had a hissy fit." Troye's stomach plummeted and his eyes widened as David's words triggered his memories of Tyler watching them out in the hallway. But David just rolled his eyes and smiled. "Don't worry, though, he's gone now. I think he got the message. He's not gonna hurt you anymore."