22 - Monarchy

*EDITED*

I stayed in Griffin's arms, but we moved from the doorway, giving my guards the room to move to their loved ones. Caleb ran in and wrapped Sloane in his arms, holding her tightly.

The next person to run in surprised me. Damir was running in and pulling Cecilia to his chest. I looked up to Griffin, and he nodded.

"Damir told me that he and Cecilia recognized it while we were leaving for Auvomor, but they both waited to ensure your safety before pursuing anything," Griffin mumbled against my forehead. He lifted my chin and pressed our lips together.

After pulling away, I saw Damir and Cecilia in a similar position, and I knew what I had to do as a little sister. I started making small gagging noises until Damir noticed. "Eww, my big brother kissing a girl, gross!"

Cecilia laughed loudly, something I had rarely heard from her, and pulled herself into his side, pulling him to Griffin and me.

"Congratulations, you two." I grinned, holding Griffin closely to my chest.

Griffin rubbed my back gently and spoke softly to Damir. "It looks like you two have a decision to make about whether Cecilia will remain in my guard or if you will return to Riverkeepers."

"There is another option," I said quietly, making the three of them look intently at me. "There is an open Alpha position in Frostclaw, and you're one of my top two in the running, Damir." Damir's face only registered shock, while Cecilia's shone joy.

"Are you serious?" Damir asked, clutching onto Cecilia as if he would crumble if she moved away from him.

I nodded. "We can discuss it later in a more private setting." I rubbed Griffin's arm. "For now, get to know Cecilia. You can both stay here at the training center if you would like, at least until you have a specific home location."

Griffin led me out of the banquet hall and to his office. I plopped myself on his desk as he sat on his office chair. He wrapped his arms around my waist and rested his head on my stomach, holding me tightly.

"What took you so long, Griff?" I whispered, running my fingers through his hair.

He breathed out heavily into my stomach, tightening his grip around my waist.

"They were moving a lot. Once we got into Auvomor and closer to their royal grounds, the rogues seemed to move toward the borders between our kingdom, like they knew we were moving closer to the Auvomors than the Nocleotunes." He made a fist, balling up my sweater in his grasp. "They had an insider in Auvomor, feeding them information. Once King Charlie found her and dealt with her, they were easy to locate and deal with."

I held Griffin's head close to my stomach. I was lucky to have him back to me and all in one piece.

"Griff, I have some work I need to get done soon. It won't take long, and it'll mean having visitors over to the cabin," I said softly.

"Is this Alpha things? I got a mind link from the elders as soon as I re-entered the kingdom about finding a new Alpha."

I nodded, pulling his chin to turn his face to me. "I think I'm going to offer the position to Damir."

"I think that's a good idea. It would keep Damir closer and allow you to still interact often with Frostclaw as their previous Alpha." Griffin sat back in his chair, staring at me. I crossed my left leg over my right and leaned back, resting my hands on the edge of the desk. It was times like this that I was glad Griffin kept his desk clean while mine was an insane mess. I would never be able to sit on my desk like this.