Are You Lonely?

AU: Yasmina has rich parents who host charity galas almost every week which, of course, gets boring if you're shy, introverted Yasmina. Sammy lives with her family on their ranch which belongs to Yasmina's family.

Yasmina's POV

I stood outside on the balcony thinking about ways to escape this stupid place. I've always hated these galas.. Too many people. I think while resting my head on my hand, leaning on the railing, looking out over the city streets below me. My thoughts trail to my childhood best friend, Sammy, my father said she'd be here, but she hasn't shown up yet.

I look down at the entrance to our house waiting for Sammy's family to get here, "Where the hell are you?" I whisper to myself. I can still remember the day we met so vividly.

~~~~Flashback~~~~

"Dad, can you pleaaaaaaassseeee tell me where we're going?" I plead.

He laughs and says, "I already told you, it's a surprise." I slump down in the back seat of the car, looking out the window to see the countryside streaming by.

Fifteen minutes later

I hear a SCREECH as we pull to a stop, I get up from my seat where I'd been sleeping and ask, "Are we here?"

"Yup!" My dad replies getting out of the car walking around to my side. He opened the door and jokingly says, "M'lady." I get out and look down to see gravel, when I looked back up, it was like a whole new world.

There was a stretch of gravel leading up to a gateway that had our family's initials on it. Beyond, there was pastures on both sides of a barn with stretches of farmland behind it. I look further down the path and see a farmhouse with- People... I think as a group of them walk down the pathway ahead.

"Dad, why are there people here?" I look up at him with a disappointed face.

"They work here at our ranch, sweetheart." He replies resting his hand on my head.

They finally approach us as I survey them, looking for somebody who's at least my age, but all I could see was an old woman who seemed to be related to the group, a middle-aged man and woman that I think were the mother and father, and two younger girls, but they were older than me.

"Welcome back, Mr. Fadoulda! Who's the little critter behind you?" The middle-aged woman looks over to me curiously as I stand behind my father shyly.

"This is my daughter, Yasmina, I brought her here so she can learn about life on the ranch." He motions his hand towards me.

The woman walks towards me and sticks her hand out, "Hi, I'm Sammina Gutierrez! Nice to meet 'ya!"
(Lol, did you see what I did there?  _.w_.)
I was able to get a better look at her from this angle, she had black, curly hair and dark brown eyes that seemed to glow in the sunlight. Her skin was a golden tan and her smile seemed radiant.

"Uh, h-hello.." I muttered out.

"Hmm... You seem a bit shy, why don't I introduce you to the rest of the family and after we'll give you a tour of the farm and show 'ya how things work 'round here?" She offers. I only nod in response stepping out from behind my father's legs.