Its Chapter 2 Hun

"It's- The- Greenie" Newt said in between breaths. "What's your name anyway, shuck face?"
You have to stop to think about your name before you say it. "(Y/n). And who's this?"
"My name is Minho. Keeper of the Runners." he says briefly before he returns his gaze to Newt. "Why did the Creators send us a girl?"
"You expect me to bloody know?" Newt responded.
"What's a Runner?" You interrupt the pair of them. Newt left this part out of the tour.
"What, was Newt too afraid to talk about it?" Minho teased.
Let's face it, you were really confused at this point in time. You couldn't see how poor Newt deserved any of this and anger started to boil up inside you, even though you really don't know any of these people.
You lift your hand and slap Minho across the face. "And I'm sure you're so much braver" you retort as you begin to walk away. You didn't know where you were going, but you knew you had to get away from there.

"(Y/n)! Come back here!" You hear Newt chasing you. You stop and turn around and wait for him to catch up to you. "What the bloody hell was that about?!"
"I don't like it when people insult my friends." You say as you glare at Minho, who's mouth is hanging wide open.
"Thanks for caring about me and everything, but that's just Minho. He likes to tease. And you probably shouldn't have done that. He's a keeper, he could get you locked up in the slammer for a day or two." He pleaded, "Now come on, let's go to dinner."

You and Newt walk to the building where dinner is being served and you meet the chef, Frypan. You and Newt each pick up a grilled cheese and a glass of water and go to sit down at your own table. You see Minho walk into the building and get in line for dinner, right as Newt gets up and leaves proclaiming he has to go to the bathroom.
You keep eating and occasionally stealing glances at Minho as he goes through the line and gets his food. When he finally gets his food he turns around to see you staring right at him. He begins to walk straight toward where you are sitting, and you start to panic.

"May I sit?" He asks politely when he reaches the table you are sitting at.
"Be my guest" you sarcastically say.
He sits across from you and begins eating his sandwich.
"I'm sorry I slapped you" you awkwardly, starting to blush a little.
He chuckles a little before saying, "It's no problem, really. But just so you know, you better get used to me teasing Newt. It happens a lot."
You laugh a little, relieved that he wasn't mad and didn't feel like slitting your throat or anything. "I could see why that would be fun."
Newt returns from the bathroom and abruptly stops before the table when he sees you two sitting by each other, "How long was I in the bathroom?" He sarcastically asks before sitting down. You and Minho both laugh, and a look of relief flashes across Newts face.

-----after dinner-----

You and Newt walked out of dinner together, and you decide that this would be a good time to ask about the runners. You stop in your tracks and as soon as you do, so does Newt. "What's wrong?" He asks.
You don't even bother to answer his question. "What do the runners do?"
He heaves a deep sigh before answering. "They run out in the maze. Beyond these walls. And you see those doors?" He gestures towards the doors. "They close every night. And no one survives a night in the maze. The job of the runners is to run out there and look for patterns in the wall, which change every day."
"I want to be a runner, Newt" You didn't know why you said this, and you didn't even know if it was an option, but judging by the looks on Newts face, it wasn't.