BokuAka

-3rd P.O.V-

Akaashi Keiji was a lot of things.

He was a good student. He was the main setter for a national-level high school volleyball team. He was a kind person. He was responsible and trustworthy. He was nurturing and gentle towards those younger than him. He was a smart guy who had a bright mind. He was a role-model to many people he met, even people older than him. He was very attractive.

But, something that a lot of people didn't know, was that he was also good at hiding how he feels. Which comes in handy when you have insecurities.

It was true that he was good-looking. Anyone could see that. Well, anyone but himself. He had a nice figure, pretty and slightly wavy black hair, kind, blue eyes, smooth skin, and a lovely smile that never failed to make someone feel special. Akaashi constantly heard people telling him these things, complimenting him. He'd thank others for the friendly words, but he never actually believed any of it.

In his own eyes, he saw something else. He saw someone who had small hands. Someone who had legs covered in small markings from either scratches, bruises, or birthmarks. Someone who had too long of a nose. Someone who was somehow underweight in some areas and overweight in others. Someone who had a neck that was too thin. Someone who didn't deserve all the love he was given.

He had been this way since just before middle school. Accepting compliments that he'd never take to heart left and right. At least, it was like that until his first year of high school. When he first joined the volleyball team, he met the first person who's ever been able to actually make Akaashi feel proud of his looks. Bokuto Koutarou.

Right from the start, Akaashi knew that there was something different about Bokuto. At first, he thought that it was just the awe that he gave him from watching him play (as a setter, finding an extremely talented spiker filled him with confidence and pride). But as their friendship grew, he began to think that he was thinking incorrectly. He had met plenty of good volleyball players before, but when any of them told him about how they admired his playing technique, he didn't feel anything. Unlike with Bokuto, where if he said anything good thing about him, be it something small like, "That was an amazing receive, Akaashi!" or something with a bit more meaning, like, "Your hair looks really nice today, Akaashi!" he'd get a strange sensation in his chest- butterflies.

He wasn't that oblivious, so instead of pushing the thought of liking Bokuto out of his mind, he embraced it. He accepted that he had feelings for his upperclassman. And even if he didn't, couldn't, or wouldn't come to terms with that fact, it's not like he could ignore how he felt. Bokuto made him feel warm inside. He made him feel happy. Happy in general, and happy about himself.

Because he met Bokuto, Akaashi has been able to view himself in a new light- a more respective one. He has solely his owl-like ace to thank for being able to smile at his reflection when he looks into a mirror. He has helped him in so many different ways, and Akaashi only wishes that he could someday, in somehow, repay him for- well, just being him.

-

A/N
Technically I'm posting this on Monday
But it's just a Sunday night to me so shush
I got into a bike accident the other day so my good hand (my right one) is in a splint and I had to type this all with my left ;-;
I wasn't really sure what to write,, so I just went with BokuAka :,)
ALSO I just read both The Galaxy Is Endless AND Under The LED Lights ... so yeah I'm feeling ✨very sad✨
ALSO#2 I REALIZE THAT IT SOUNDED LIKE I WAS BEING MEAN TO AKAASHI AT SOME POINTS BUT I SWEAR THIS ISNT SLANDER I LOVE AKAASHI

Word count: 682