IwaOi

-Oikawa P.O.V-

"Can't count the years on one hand that we've been together,,

Oh, Iwa-chan. How long has it been? I can't even remember. All I know is that you've always been with me, through basically everything. We've done everything together, or so it seems.

"I need the other one to hold you, make you feel, make you feel better,,

Even at my lowest points, when I've felt like giving up and throwing in the towel, you've helped me through the hardest times. You really are a good person, you know that?

"It's not a walk in the park to love each other. But when our fingers interlock, can't deny, can't deny, you're worth it,,

Sure, we've had our rough patches. We've had our fights, our disagreements, our childish banters. But... we're still here. Neither of us has left. We know we're not perfect, but we don't care. I can confidently say that we're both happy with each other.

"'Cause after all this time, I'm still into you,,

It's been years. Years. All those seconds, minutes, hours, and days have gone by, and yet... I still feel it.

"I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you, I'm into you,,

I still feel the weird sensation when you so much as look at me. I still completely melt when you smile at me. I still short-circuit when you compliment me.

"And, baby, even on our worst nights, I'm into you, I'm into you,,

Even when we fight, I'm alright, because I know that we'll both come back around by the morning.

"Let 'em wonder how we got this far, 'cause I don't really need to wonder at all,,

Nobody knows how we can stand each other, much less be as good friends as we are, and honestly, I don't know either. Maybe, fate? Destiny? I know, I know, it's cheesy. But my point still stands.

"Yeah after all this time, I'm still into you,,

Iwa, I think I know what I'm feeling. I think I know what's causing the strange sensations. I think I have feelings for you.

"Recount the night that I first met your mother. And on the drive back to my house, I told you that, I told you that, I loved ya,,

Remember the day that we first met? It was on the playground, when we were kids. We had so much fun together, we asked to have a playdate- on the first day we met. When our mothers agreed, I was so happy, I screamed, "I love you, Iwa-chan!" and hugged you as tight as I could. I can recall that vividly. I really tried to rush things, huh?

"You felt the weight of the world fall off your shoulder. And to your favorite song, we sang along, to the start of forever,,

And, this could just be my imagination, but, I think that when we're together, you're happy too. Happier than usual, at least. But again, I might be imagining things.

"And after all this time, I'm still into you,,

I might not make you happy, Iwa-chan, but you definitely make me happy. Seriously.

"I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you, I'm into you,,

Ah, there's that weird, tingling feeling again. I only get it when I think of you, ya know? Crushes really are strange.

"And, baby, even on our worst nights, I'm into you, I'm into you,,

"I'll always be here, Flattykawa." Do you remember telling me that? I know I do. Though I could've done without the nickname, that sentence meant everything to me. You know why? 'Cause you told me that when I was breaking down, when I was feeling as if nothing I was doing, or would ever do, would matter. You were there for me when I needed you, and you comforted me.

"Let 'em wonder how we got this far, 'cause I don't really need to wonder at all,,

I think that I know one of the reasons why I'd stay with you, Iwa. You've made me feel safe. I felt that if I was with you, I'd be protected and okay. That hasn't changed, not at all.

"Yeah after all this time, I'm still into you,,

I care for you, Iwa-chan. I'd do anything for you. I've always felt this way and I will forever feel this way. I hope you know that.

"Some things just, some things just make sense, and one of those is you and I,,

Did you know that the team ships us? I'll sometimes overhear them talking about how we're "soulmates that are meant to be that should just get together already". Their words, I promise. Though, I wouldn't mind being with you, in that way.

"Some things just, some things just make sense, and even after all this time, I'm into you,,

In fact, I want to be with you, in that way. I want to be able to say that you're mine, and that I'm yours.

"Baby, not a day goes by that I'm not into you,,

Everyday I tell myself "Alright, time to forget that silly crush," but I can't. I can't forget. Because... I'm not actually sure if it's just a crush, Iwa-chan.

"I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you, I'm into you,,

I don't think that just a crush is making my stomach do backflips when I look at you.

"And, baby, even on our worst nights, I'm into you, I'm into you,,

I don't think that just a crush is making me think about you, every day, every night.

"Let 'em wonder how we got this far, 'cause I don't really need to wonder at all,,

I don't think that just a crush is making me stay by your side all the time.

"Yeah, after all this time, I'm still into you. I'm still into you. I'm still into you,,

I don't think that it's just a crush, Iwa-chan. I think it's love.
I love you, Iwa-chan.

-3rd P.O.V-

Iwaizumi read through the note Oikawa gave to him as Oikawa stood in front of him, studying his expression. The taller male's gaze faltered as Iwaizumi looked up at him once he finished reading.

"Iwa-chan, look I'm sorry," Oikawa spoke after a few seconds of silence. "I didn't mean to make things weir-"

He was cut off as Iwaizumi wrapped his arms around the captain.

"Don't be sorry," he whispered. "I love you too."

The tears that had been threatening to appear spilled out of Oikawa's eyes as he tightly embraced his best friend. It was in that moment that Oikawa knew that in 5, 10, possibly 20- no. For the rest of his life, he'd still be into his Iwa-chan.

-

A/N
Hiiiiiiii :)))
Hope you liked the songfic oneshottttttt
For anybody wondering, the song is called Still Into You and it's by Paramore.
Idk the song just gives me IwaOi vibes QwQ