I did it because you're mine ~ Kim Hongjoong

Red is the color of passion and anger. He was flirting with her. Or at least flirting back. You couldn't stop your eyes from twitching at their pathetic attempt to make you jealous. Well, you hoped it was an act. If not, they both had so much explaining to do. Honestly! Just who does she think she is?! Who does he think HE is, pulling a stupid little stunt like this? The nerve of that jerk. Nevertheless, you were determined not to let it show how much their sad attempt at flirting was getting to you. Besides, nothing like that would ever work on you! You're not jealous and no matter what they try to pull, and you will never let it get to you. Not in a million, trillion years. They might as well just give up now because it's not going to work! "Don't they look comfortable together?" Your good friend and a makeup artist said. "And here I thought you said he was nervous about the shoot. You both fooled me." "He was," You replied through gritted teeth. "But I guess he fooled me as well or she's helping him with his nerves." Glancing over at the two of them, she turned back to you and frowned. "And you're not nervous about that? They've practically been flirting the whole time you've been here. I mean, I get the whole being respectful and letting him make friends, but she's getting awfully touchy-feely with him. I'd be suspicious if I were you." "I trust him." That was all you muttered before she continued. Shrugging, she added a bit more blush to your cheeks. "Well, I'm proud of you for trusting your man. I mean, Hongjoong doesn't seem like the kind of guy to flirt openly like this. Especially if he has a girlfriend. But if you trust him, then I trust him and that's that." Biting your lip, you took in a shaky breath. She had a point: Hongjoong never said anything that even remotely resembles flirting with anyone ever since the two of you started dating. He told you it was because he was faithful to you and only you and you believed him. But now he was acting differently today. He was telling one of your members in your group all the cute and loving things that he only ever told you. You kept trying to remind me that this was Hongjoong you were thinking of and that the director wanted more chemistry between the two groups for the photos. Still, he could've at least made up some false words of love instead of the same lines he gave you. Something just didn't feel right about it. Giving a quick shake of your head, you were determined to focus on your own photoshoot instead. You were told you'd be taking several single shots before some couple pictures with Hongjoong and ending the day with group photos of Ateez and your group, Beyond Infinity. Even if your good-for-nothing boyfriend was bent on making today miserable by flirting with the visual of your group, you were still going to try and have fun with everyone else. Besides, you may or may not have an ace up your sleeve. "Alright, what color?" Your makeup artist friend grinned as she presented you with a vast assortment of lipstick colors to choose from. Normally, you like to stick with a simple shade that matches your skin tone or a swipe of sparkly lipgloss. But today was different for you for obvious reasons. You needed to pull out the big guns. Even though you're not jealous in the slightest, you needed to capture a certain someone's attention, and what better way than with a bold shade of lipstick? "This one." Bright red, sure to attract anyone's attention. She raised an eyebrow at your choice. "Atomic Red? Are you sure? It seems a little daring for you. I mean, more power to you, but are we trying to impress someone today?" You shrugged before applying it yourself. "I feel like today is a good day for some change, don't you?" "Whatever you say." She chuckled before giving you a quick hug and packing up for lunch. "Y/n? We're ready for you." The photographer called, prompting you to do some last-minute touch-ups in the mirror before making your way to the front of the camera. You'd be lying if you said you didn't also change your strut to really seal the deal. "Wow! Y/n! Looking good!" San called, making you laugh brightly. The photographer got some pictures of you as you laughed and smiled. "Yes, perfect! Just like that, keep laughing! You look absolutely perfect like that!" You continued taking pictures, feeling both confident and badass, if you do say so yourself. It really was going to be a good day at this rate, and it was all thanks to you and some Atomic Red lipstick. All of Ateez and Beyond Infinity, including the little rat who was flirting with your boyfriend, complimented you on your smile and confidence. "Alright! Now we're ready for the couple shots!" Oh right, those are still a thing. You tried to suppress your smug grin as you saw Hongjoong's reaction to how you looked. His eyes had widened and he looked at you like you had two heads. "Something's different about you." He whispered in your ear as he got into position for the pictures. You simply shrugged. "New lipstick." Never say you didn't try to keep your cool during the shoot. You really did try your hardest, but hearing him whisper the same sweet nothings in your ear that he was telling your groupmate earlier made your blood boil. To get him to shut up, you pulled an absolutely dirty trick. While he whispered and the camera snapped like crazy, you kissed his cheek. Pulling back, you snickered at the perfect, bright red stain on his face and his jaw on the floor. "Wha-what was that?" Shrugging again, you smiled at the camera. "You're cute. That's all." As the shoot continued, he became more stiff and disoriented, sneaking you incredulous glances in between shots. Hongjoong liked to keep your relationship on the down-low, so the kiss really must have shocked him. You, on the other hand, were pleased with your little victory and continued acting as nothing had happened. Maybe now the little rat would understand not to mess with what is yours. When the groups came together for the final round of photos, you winked at the girls in your group as they rolled their eyes. Needless to say, you won in keeping Hongjoong to yourself. "Wow, Hongjoong, nice makeup." Wooyoung teased, laughing with the rest of Ateez. "What?" He asked dumbly. Pointing to his cheek, Seonghwa replied, "You got some nice red on your cheek." Finally regaining his senses, Hongjoong ran to the nearest mirror to see the lipstick stain that decorated his right cheek. For the third time, his jaw dropped to the floor and he almost became as red as the lipstick on his cheek. Quickly, the makeup artists made their move to help him wipe it off and retouch his own makeup before the last pictures of the day. Again everyone laughed, and the boys started teasing their leader for not noticing sooner. He shot them all a glare but was still blushing like crazy. You couldn't stop yourself from laughing about how your pettiness brought about this priceless scene. If you knew it was going to go this well, you would have kissed him on the neck instead. Maybe even attempted a hickey. When he returned to where the photographer wanted him in the shot, he mumbled in your ear, "You know, if you were jealous, you could have just said something. No need for such drastic measures." With a twitch of your eye, you threw all caution to the wind and turned to attack him with kisses. You didn't leave a single inch of his face unkissed. Man, you really are petty. Nevertheless, you ignored all of the jeers and laughter as you kissed the daylights out of your boyfriend. Really, you're just glad he started to kiss you back. Needless to say, those pictures came out perfectly!