Chapter 10

The Brown-eyed Girl And The Night

This day was going along well. So many customers are walking in and out of the coffee shop, and it is mostly thanks to Mina's unintentional promoting.

I should thank her the next time I see her.

Looking at the place, I feel somewhat content because of how many people are happily drinking their coffee. This is something that I couldn't have imagined way back then.

This is way more than what I asked for before.

The business has been skyrocketing for 5 months now, and it is mostly thanks to Deku.

He literally did everything he could to save the business. Promoting it to different people, and letting them taste test the coffee helped a lot. Despite being an awkward person, he still managed to talk his way and persuade strangers to come to the coffee shop. He's pretty good at it, honestly.

The business has grown so much that we actually have planned to open up a new shop in a different place.

In fact, I have already hired people to work, and they're currently undergoing 'training'.

Ah~ glancing at the people smiling widely, talking to their friends and families while laughing simultaneously has made me feel really giddy inside.

"Ochaco, sweetie.." A voice came right behind me, I swear I could never get used to the low-pitched tone present in the voice, "After we're done working..Could you stay at my place for the night?"

I turned around to see a very tall man with his eyes a little droopy, dark spots are faintly shown underneath it, with his lids half-closed in lethargy.

Does he ever sleep?

Nodding with a bright smile, I answered with a pitch similar to what a child normally sounds like, "Sure! We only have a few minutes left before we finish the shift."

Deku sighs in relief while swiveling his back on me, going back to coffee-making.

This guy, no matter how tired he looks, and feels, he still goes on and makes no flaws as he does his job. Though just looking at his exhausted state made me extremely perturbed.

Suddenly, heard a thud coming from infront of me, and it caused me to snap out from my thoughts. I saw Deku kneeling down with his hands covering his head, silently cursing in what seems to be pain. What did he do this time?

"I'm okay!" The greenette yelled out as he gritted his teeth. He must have bumped his head into a counter top.

I guess perfect angels like him can get very exhausted to the point they become somewhat discordant sometimes. He seems to be more drowsy that he was a few minutes ago.

At this state, I am ten times more worried than I should be. I questioned the pained man, "Are you sure, Deku?"

"Yeah..I just bumped my head, but other than that, I'm alright!"

A few minutes have passed by like a breeze, and I had myself monitoring his actions subconsciously.

The feeling of concern slowly took over me the more I see the man I love hurt himself both from accidentally slamming himself against heavy equipments, and unintentionally letting go of objects which caused them to fall right into his feet and sometimes his head.

That, and the constant tumbling to the ground.

Again, does this man ever sleep? I suppose he hasn't been in his best state for the past few months. I really want to do something to help.