Chapter 1 My Good Lads

You open your eyes and find yourself rising up. You're not sure what you are rising up out of, but all you can feel is yourself being pushed up. As you go up, you see a few small lights flash by, but they don't provide enough light for you to really see where you are. You continue to rise until whatever weird machine you are in comes to a sudden stop.

You shield your eyes as a beam of light starts to come through the roof of the box you are trapped in. You look up to find yourself surrounded by a ton of boys. Strange, you think, am I the only girl? Your question is quickly answered when one boy with a slight British accent jumps down into the box and barely whispers "It's a girl".
You stand up and sneak to the corner of the box, ready to attack if provoked. But all of the boys surrounding you just stare.
"What, have you never seen a girl before?" You finally say, breaking the silence.
"Not in the Glade, we haven't", the British boy speaks up. "My name is Newt, and we are the Gladers. Here," he offers his hand for help out of the box.
"Why am I here?" You ask to no one in particular.
"No one knows why we're here Greenie, it's just something you're gonna have to get used to." Newt (somewhat) explains.
"How do I leave?" You ask Newt, considering no one else is willing to talk.
"Oh Greenbean, you've got a lot to learn. Come on" he gestures for you to follow him.

You and Newt walk around the big area, which you learn to be called the Glade. He shows you every building and explains what everything is for. Except for those giant walls and their four random openings. You begin to ask when you see a tall, muscular figure run into the Glade through one of the massive openings.
"Newt!" He calls out "Get your shuck butt over here!"
Newt runs off towards the boy, and without thinking about it you follow. As you approach him, you start to notice how strong, he is, and you come to the conclusion that he's pretty cute.
You quickly catch up to Newt, and as you two run together, you notice he has a small limp. You decide now might not be the best time to ask about it though. You keep running until you stop a few feet in front of the stranger. He looks even better up close.
The stranger looks Newt in the eye and simply says, "Who the hell is this?".