chapter fourteen: why did it have to be me?

A/n- sorry it took so long to update! Enjoy <3 ALSO 3.5K READS??? WHAT??? TYSM IM HONOURED?!?!?!? Also I'm so proud of this chapter lmao

Blaise's POV ~

It was finally the start of the October break, and Blaise was contentedly walking through the freshly fallen leaves, a canvas and paintbrushes in his hands. No one at Hogwarts knew this about him, but Blaise loved art. He loved to paint and sketch and sculpt. He was surprisingly a very creative person, but in the five long years that he'd been at the school, he hadn't opened up to a single person.

The wind brushed past him gently as he sat down beside the Black Lake, the early-morning sun just above it. Blaise smiled to himself, thinking about the moments he'd spent with Luna right here the week before, her smile and her laugh. He paused, frowning, as he remembered the way she'd put the cigarette in her mouth. As if she'd done it countless times. It's not a big deal, really, Blaise told himself, A lot of people smoke. It's fine. But he still worried about it.

The image of Luna still fresh in his mind, he picked up his paintbrush. And he began to paint. He painted the golden strands of her hair, and the dimples in her cheeks as she smiled. As he painted, his mind wandered through all the times they'd ended up together in the short time they'd been back at school since summer. It all seemed stupid, really. They'd share strange moments time and time again, where something would spark between them, and they'd both notice it, but do nothing. Blaise groaned with frustration. Should love really be this complicated? He thought to himself, sighing. Pushing it out of his head, he went back into the world of his canvas.

Wait, he thought, his paintbrush falling from his hand, Love? LOVE?? He glanced down at what he was doing. He was painting Luna. Painting her. How did he go from not caring about anything going on at Hogwarts to painting this beautiful girl and thinking about loving her? His eyes trailed the delicate marks of paint. It was beautiful. Like nothing he'd ever painted before. It has yellows and purples and blues, and all of them blended together to form Luna perfectly. What was he doing? I'm going crazy, he thought, standing up. His head spinning, he hurried back toward the castle. He must have been painting for a while, because there were students everywhere, stood in the grounds and in the hallways. Blaise didn't even know where he was going, he just kept putting one foot in front of the other, gulping air.

He was falling in love.

Luna's POV

It was late at night, and once again Luna found herself at the Astronomy Tower, sat on the balcony staring at the stars. Her mind was spinning, and she didn't even know why. This seemed to happen at lot, ever since she'd properly met Blaise. Luna didn't know what it was about him, but something drew her in, like a moth to a flame. Smiling up at the dark sky, Luna closed her eyes for a moment.

"Luna?" A voice made her open her eyes. She turned around to see Blaise Zabini stood at the archway of the tower, a pack of cigarettes in his hand. He rolled his eyes. "Of course you're here. Why are you always turning up wherever I go?" He said, walking towards the balcony and sitting down beside Luna.

"Small world." She murmured, turning to look at him. Butterflies fluttered in her body, and she smiled, thinking about a dream she'd had the day before.

"What?"

"Nothing."

"No, seriously, what?"

Luna smiled again. "Nothing, Blaise Zabini."

Blaise scoffed. "Tell me, Luna Lovegood." He insisted.

"I had a dream about you yesterday."

"Oh." He looked away. "What happened in it?"