chapter five: blaise f*cking zabini

Blaise's POV

Blaise was slumped in his chair in Potion's class. Draco sat next to him, arguing profusely with Pansy.

"No, no! Pansy, stop. I told you that I hate his guts, okay? Get over it."

Across, the table, Blaise saw Pansy roll her eyes. "Please. Fine, Draco, you keep telling yourself that."

The bell went for the end of class and, sighing with relief, Blaise packed up his bags and headed out. Lately, he was getting really sick of Hogwarts. Every day was a repeat of the previous.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang, yanking Blaise out of his thoughts. Ahead of him, some Ravenclaws were crowded around someone. Blaise immediately recognised one of them as Luc Meyer, widely known as the 'Draco Malfoy' of Ravenclaw.

"Well, hello, Loony." Luc Meyer, said, a slither of evil in his voice. "Oh, look at that! Where on Earth are your shoes?"

Loony... Blaise thought to himself. Where have I heard that name before? Before he could remember, a clear voice rang out through the halls, coming from in the crowd of boys.

"Oh yes, you're right. Where ever have they gone?"

Lovegood. Why were these boys crowding around her? Blaise, stepped nearer, curious.

Meyer gave Luna a shove, knocking her down to the floor. She gasped quietly.

"Don't be sarcastic with me, Loony. You'll regret it, trust me." He said, yanking her hair. He laughed to his friends, and stepped away.

Blaise saw red.

He marched over to the group. Blaise felt as if his head was on fire, he was so desperate to grab that Meyer boy and throw him off the Astronomy Tower. How dare he touch her. He thought, fuming. Luc Meyer looked up at him, surprised, right as Blaise shoved him out the way.

"Woah", Meyer, spluttered, confused. "What the hell? Who are you?"

Blaise glared at him. "I'm Blaise fucking Zabini, who the fuck do you think you are?"

Luc's amused expression suddenly changed to hatred. "Oh, you. I don't care about you."

Blaise rolled his eyes, moving his attention to Luna, still sat on the floor, looking up at him, curious. He reached out his hand.

"Hello, Blaise Zabini." She said, her ocean eyes boring into his deep brown ones. She took his hand, and he helped her to her feet. The feel of her hand felt so... right. As if their hands where made to be put together, like a jigsaw.

"Hello, Luna Lovegood." He said, nearly getting caught in the tide of her eyes.

In front of them, Luc Meyer scoffed, looking affronted. "This is ridiculous. A Slytherin sticking up for Loony Lovegood? This is new."

————— Luna's POV ————————-

Blaise Zabini was sat in front of Luna, dabbing at a cut on her cheek. She still couldn't get over his beauty, he looked like an angel from the skies. Though she was still a bit dazed after what had happened, all Luna could wonder was ... Someone cares? Someone actually cares about me... that much?

She must have been staring too long, because she noticed Blaise looking at her with a puzzled expression.

"What?"

Luna smiled. "Nothing, Blaise fucking Zabini."

He snorted. "Did it sound stupid? I was kinda caught up in the moment... I wasn't thinking straight."

She peered into his eyes, not exactly sure what she was searching for in those deep brown eyes. "No..." Luna said, carefully placing a hand on his. "No. It didn't sound stupid at all."

He looked down at their hands, looking confused but not moving his hand. "Oh. Okay then." His eyes flitted to Luna's lips for a brief moment, before quickly moving back to their hands. "I..."

Suddenly, Madam Pomfrey came bustling into the room. As fast as lightning, Blaise yanked his hand away and stood up.

"Oh, Luna, dear, are you quite alright?" Madam Pomfrey asked, rushing over to Luna's side, dabbing at Luna's cut nervously. "Was it those nasty boys again? I told Dumbledore, but that silly man doesn't seem to listen to me at all. Tut-tut."

Luna shrugged, scratching at the cut on her face. "Oh, it's okay, Madam Pomfrey. It wasn't them, I just tripped."

She sneaked a glance at Blaise to find him staring right back at her, once again confused. He had his elbow propped against the table and there was blood on his shirt. She didn't know when, but he'd lost his tie. Luna had to lie, otherwise it would get out of hand.

Madam Pomfrey glanced at her, worried. She stood up, brushing her apron, sighing. "Alright, dear, whatever you say. Okay, then, I have to go, but look after yourself, Luna, okay?"

"Okay, Madam, I will."

"Goodbye then, dear. And you, Mr. Zabini."

Blaise's head snapped up to greet her. "Y-yes, bye."

Once she'd left, Blaise immediately stood up and walked over to her.

"Why'd you lie? You should have told her, Lovegood."

Luna sighed. "Why do you care?"

Blaise spluttered, going red and looking away. "I don't. I- I don't even know why I'm here. So I-I'll leave, then. Bye, I guess." He got up, rushing out of the room.

"Wait-" Luna started, but he was gone.