05- First Day (Part 2)

He walked in tall and proud; with his friends following. They all walked over to a corner of the classroom and sat down in the back row. Their desks next to each other. A few minutes later the teacher, Mr.Smith walks in. He pulls out a clipboard from his desk drawer and speaks,

"Alright!" "Who's ready for a great school year!?"

"Ehhh." We all weren't too excited about a new school year. I just put my earnuds in and listened to some music. I wasn't really interested in this teachers long speech about how wonderful this school year will be.

"Yeah, I know coming back to school after being free for the summer is hard, but you'll all have fun I'm sure!" He said way too happily.

"Alright, now let's take attendance." He went through most of the list. And I never heard one students name. I also didn't hear when he called, his, name.

Eventually Mr. Smith called my name. And when no one said, here, in response everyone looked around at each other to see who wasn't responding. They all eventually turned to me. Mr. Smith made his way over to me and stood in front of my desk. I looked up startled.

"Um, hello?"

"Well, looks like we have ourselves our first confiscation of the year." He said with a mean looking smile. Pointing to my phone and ear buds.

"Oh um..."

"Hand it over Missy. No phones after first bell." "You know the rules."

"Actually, I don't. I'm new this year." I said cokingly.

"Oh and that's right too." He responded. "And what might your name be?" He asked.

"I'm, y/n." I replied tilting my head with an innocent smile. He gave me a dissapointed look that told me; don't push it girl. He checked me off the list and moved on to the other kids on the list calling out their names.

After he was done taking attendance he looked at me again, and gave me a fake smile.

"Well, y/n, welcome to Northview High School." (If someone knows the real school chandler goes to feel free to comment it and I'll add it in)

"Yeah." I replied.

"Well, for those of you who don't know me, I'm Mr. Smith." "And you will all be coming here from now until the end of the year for first period."

For the rest of the class we were all stuck listening to Mr. Smith talk about the school, what to acpect for the rest of the year, classroom expectations, shit like that. Nothing I haven't already heard 100 times before. I never really looked around at the other kids in the room. I wasn't really interested.

However, someone was looking at me; with his bright blue eyes, staring me down. And no, I didn't realize this. I never once looked over at him, I never got to see who he was.

Finally, the bell rang indicating for us students to move on to our next class.

"Alright class, have a great day!" Mr. Smith said cheerfully. When I saw that all the other kids were leaving; I snapped back into reality and stood up. I grabbed my books and headed out.

I found my way to my locker once again and opened it. I placed my things inside the locker and grabbed the things I needed for my next period class.

I took a deep breathe before shutting my locker spinning around taking a step forward, and running right into him.